Sharing some green for your plate! 36 Healthy Green Recipes to make your St. Patrick’s Day just a little more green this year.
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner! It’s like, 2 days away! I hope you have your corned beef ready to go. I know I do. I could eat it every day and never get tired.
Now, before you stuff yourself with corned beef and drink mass quantities of beer and spirits in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day I’ve got some great, HEALTHY, recipes to keep you on track.
Starting with Breakfasts! From green smoothies, omelet bites, frittata, and overnight oats; these breakfasts will start your day off right and keep your tummy from grumbling too early in the day.
- Get Your Greens Smoothie by Hardly A Goddess
- Green Breakfast Omelet Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Green Eggs and Ham by Feeding Big
- Green Scrambled Eggs with Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Kuku Sabzi – Persian Herb Frittata by Caroline’s Cooking
- Matcha Overnight Oats by Brunch-n-Bites
- Southwest Breakfast Spinach Wrap by The Freshman Cook
- Super Green Smoothie by Simple and Savory
Contrary to popular belief, Irish do not eat corned beef on St. Patrick’s Day. It’s totally an American thing. Not that I mind, mind you.
This year, give your plate a new green to wear this year than simple cabbage! How about a hearty grilled lettuce and steak salad or some pan roasted cod on spinach basil risotto. Both of these are probably more Irish than corned beef and cabbage.
Must Make Main Dishes
- Chicken Paillard Arugula Truffle Salad by Family Foodie
- Gambian Spinach with Peanut Sauce by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Grilled Lettuce and Steak Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pan Roasted Cod on Spinach Basil Risotto with Lemon Butter Sauce by Positively Stacey
- Poached Cod with Pesto Wine Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Leek Skillet Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sautéed Garlic and Parmesan Chicken With Spinach by My Sweet Savings
- Skinny Reuben Wraps with Homemade 1000 Island Dressing by For the Love of Food
- Tequila Chicken Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
We all know salads are green. But did you know they can be amazingly delicious, too? How about a hearty sesame wedge salad or green goddess bibb salad. There’s also some protein packed quinoa tabbouleh that’s oh so colorful.
- Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad by Pies and Plots
- Green Goddess Bibb Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes by Shockingly Delicious
- Quinoa Tabbouleh by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sesame Wedge Salad with Key Lime Vinaigrette & Pickled Green Tomatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Shades of Green Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Carpaccio Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Not to knock on cabbage, but hasn’t cornered the market on green veggies. Serve up some miso roasted broccoli or some green goddess dip packed with herbs and creamy yogurt. How about kicking up your cabbage and grilling it! And don’t forget the zucchini tots!
- Colcannon by Wholistic Woman
- Green Goddess Dip by From the Bookshelf
- Grilled Cabbage with Spicy Lime Dressing by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Irish Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Miso Roasted Broccoli by Life Currents
- Pistachio Parmesan Oven Fries by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Books n’ Cooks
- Soy Glazed Sugar Snap Peas by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Tots by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw by Jersey Girl Cooks
Of course, you can’t celebrate without dessert! These lime bars and mint matcha coconut candy have just the right hint of green to remove a pinch of…well…you know.
What will you do to make your St. Patrick’s Day a little healthier this year? Which one of these recipes will you put on your menu?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.