Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders tasty amazing and perfect for any tailgate party. Spicy wing sauce is mixed with cool ranch dressing and poured over these Buffalo chicken meatballs which are slow cooked and perfect for your tailgate party!
I’ve been showing snippets of what I’ve been cooking up for the #10DaysofTailgate that me and 20+ bloggers are offering up. There are over 100 recipes for your favorite fall past time – TAILGATING!
What’s more tailgate worthy than Buffalo chicken? Maybe brats? But wings and games are synonymous! We order boneless wings all the time. The hubs has his wing sauce, that I can dip into if I want, However, I have the blue cheese sauce that I dip into. Sometimes, I double dip, but shhh…., don’t tell anyone.
For me, blue cheese and wing sauce go hand in hand, so when I made these meatballs, I needed to make a sauce with all the flavor of blue cheese dressing. So, you see that blue cheese aioli in the corner? Oh yeah, baby! It’s delicious blue cheese flavor in mayonnaise form for the sliders.
Yes, this should be sliders, but I have difficulty getting the hubs to do the slider thing. He looks at me like, “Huh? Mini sammies? What am I supposed to do with these? Dinner is not meant for appetizer food” So, we had them as subs, but you can easily top a mini bun with one meatball to serve them as sliders OR several meatballs to serve as subs, as I have here.
Oh yeah, baby. Just look at that meatball!! The spicy sauce mixed with cool ranch and topped with delicious blue cheese. These are so tasty!! They also have all the flavor of chicken wings without the bones. You will still need napkins or maybe a towel or a bib? They’re saucy and certainly mess. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
Mmmmm. The meatballs by themselves are tasty! Not to mention super easy!! Meatballs are usually easy, but these are even easier. You simply combine some chicken with some onions, blue cheese, celery, and then wing sauce together. Voila! Meatballs are born. They tasted like Buffalo wings even without the sauce. You could even precook them in the oven and then simmer them in the sauce to reheat them. This recipe is so versatile. You’re going to love it!
A little history about me. I lived in Rochester, NY for about five years. There was a restaurant called Zebb’s. They had the most DELICIOUS fish on Friday. Honestly, it was a half a haddock on a plate with some fries. Yeah. No wonder I gained and INSANE amount of weight college.
They also mixed their wing sauce with ranch dressing. I LOVE this idea and it tasted delicious. Because of this, I have mixed the wing sauce with ranch dressing in this slow cooker recipe. It’s also why, when I make Buffalo anything, I usually mix the two sauces together.
Therefore, by combining the two, it cuts the heat of the wing sauce and adds some delicious flavor that you wouldn’t expect. Not a fan of ranch? Okay. Use blue cheese or your other favorite dressing to use in this recipe. Just don’t skimp on the blue cheese. It truly does make the dish.
There are over 20 bloggers and over 100 recipes! So, make sure to scroll down and see what everyone has whipped up for the first day of #10DaysofTailgate! There are many more recipes to come, so make sure you come back every day for the next 10 days to see what the rest of the crew have whipped up for this tailgate madness!
- 2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups fat free blue cheese crumbles, divided
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup fat free ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 16 dinner rolls
- Combine the ground chicken with 1/4 cup blue cheese, 1/4 cup diced celery, 1/4 cup diced onion and 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce. Form into 1 to 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place in the liner of a slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Combine 1 cup buffalo wing sauce with 1 cup ranch dressing and pour over the meatballs. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Put the mayonnaise in the bowl of a food processor with the garlic cloves. Pulse a few times to chop the garlic. Add 1/2 cup of blue cheese, 1 tablespoon ranch dressing, garlic salt, celery seed, and cayenne pepper. Process until smooth.
- Lightly toast each bun. Spread lightly with the aioli and top with 1 meatball. Drizzle with the wing sauce and garnish with remaining blue cheese.
And here’s what the team brought to the table…
- Loaded Baked Nacho Supreme by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Baked Blueberry Pork Egg Rolls by The Pajama Chef
- Gazpacho Shooters with Spicy Shrimp by OnTheMove-In the Galley
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders with BlueCheese Aioli by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Soft Pretzels and Buffalo Cheese Dip by Things I Make (for Dinner)
- Cheesy Bean Dip by Making Miracles
- Garden Fresh Salsa by Eliot’s Eats
- Pineapple Salsa by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Devilish 7-Layer Dip by Miss Laura’s Kitchen
- War Eagle Sangria by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spicy Strawberry Bourbon Shooters by CafeTerraBlog
- Iowa Sunrise by From Gate to Plate
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad by Cooking In Stilettos
- El Diablo’d Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Ginger Chicken Kabobs by Summer Scraps
- Chili by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spiced Fig and Garlic Chicken Wings by girlichef
- Baked Mac and Cheese with Bacon Pretzel Topping by Debbi
Does Dinner Healthy
- Asian Duck Sliders by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pineapple Chile Lime Wings by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Love and Confections
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies by The Spiffy Cookie
Disclaimer: Our generous sponsors are providing the prizes free of charge. Participating bloggers may have received product related to these brands to use for #10DaysofTailgate. All opinions stated are their own.