Guess what today is?? No, seriously, guess??? I’m so excited!! It’s Isabel’s birthday! She’s the awesome person (among several others) behind the Sunday Supper Movement!! If you don’t know who Isabel is, then SHAME ON YOU!! You need to head over to her site and read up on this amazing woman!
While you’re at it, check out Terri over at Love and Confections. She’s the AWESOME person who put together this event for Isabel and the SSM family. I am truly honored to have been included in the group and couldn’t be more proud to belong to this wonderful family.
I have been participating in #SundaySupper for going on two years now, I think? I’d honestly have to check, but however long it’s been, they feel like a true family to me. The #SundaySupper Movement and its members have embraced me, taught me, directed me, helped me, and were there to support me through this blogging experience and I can’t wait to be able to help new members the same way they have helped me.
Isabel. What can you say about Isabel? She is wonderful! She’s welcoming! She’s always there with an invisi-smile, virtua-hug, and truly the mom of this family of bloggers. You have a problem? She can help. You have to vent? She’ll listen. Need help? She’s there. Ideas? Suggestions? Support? Isabel is always around to lead you down the right path.
I have felt so very lucky to have been welcomed into this family by Isabel. So, you can bet I jumped at the chance to concoct something delicious for her on her birthday. And a drink at that! Search my blog. I’m not a mixologist. I have one alcoholic beverage and one non-alcoholic beverage, I think? I just don’t create drinks. But for Isabel’s birthday, I wanted to make a killer drink.
And that’s just what I did.
I know Isabel has Portuguese roots, but I can’t help but relate that with caipirinhas. My mother was friends with a doctor and her husband from Portugal and they introduced me to caipirinhas. Yes. I know they’re a Brazilian drink, but still…they’re just too darned delicious to not make one in honor of Isabel’s birthday.
And this one? Oh.my.word. It’s oh so goooooooood. It’s, I can’t believe I made this, good. I can’t believe I made a drink, good. Lick the bottom of the glass good. Will be making these multiple times, good. You should get in your kitchen and make these now, good. Seriously. Good.
If you don’t like pina coladas, then, I’m sorry. Please skip down to the rest of the recipes we’re bringing to #IsabelsBirthdayBash. But, if you do like pina coladas, then sit down and let me mix of up on these addictive drinks for you.
You see, I ran the gamut of fruits; dragon, cherries, mango, lime, grapefruit, pear, apple. You name it. But I kept coming back to the pineapple in the fridge. But not just pineapple. Pina colada. Deliciously sweet with coconut and pineapple muddled together and topped with cachaça; sugar cane liquor. If you can’t find that, then you can easily substitute rum, but there’s something about cachaça that’s a little different from rum. I’d look for it if you can. Because trust me when I say you will want to make these repeatedly.
You’ll find yourself attending every birthday party you can just so you can have an excuse to make these delicious caipirinhas; Isabel’s caipirinhas. A sweet drink with a kick for a sweet friend…with a kick.
Here’s to you Isabel! I hope you have an amazing birthday and I can’t wait to serve these up to next year at #FWCon2016!
There’s a bunch of us that make delicious food for #IsabelsBirthdayBash! Be sure to check out all the Isabel inspired recipes that we made to celebrate her special day.
The best of both worlds! A pina colada combined with a cairpirinha makes a Cairpirinha Colada for #IsabelsBirthdayBash with the #SundaySupper family.
- 1/3 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 4 teaspoons stevia
- 4 tablespoons cream of coconut
- 4 ounces cachaca (or good quality rum)
- crushed ice
- Place 1 or 2 pineapple chunks in the bottom of an old fashioned glass. Add 2 teaspoons of stevia (or sugar) and muddle together until the stevia has dissolved.
- Fill the glass 3/4 full with crushed ice and pour the rum over the ice. Drizzle the cream of coconut on top and lightly stir. Garnish with a pineapple chunk and serve.
Join me in celebrating Isabel’s Birthday with all the delicious food and drinks her #SundaySupper family prepared!
- Birthday Cake Cocktails by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Lavender Mojitos by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Caipirinha Colada by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Fig-Bourbon Fizz by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha Martini by Desserts Required
- Mocha Mudslide by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Fizzies by Momma’s Meals
- 2-Ingredient Deviled Eggs by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple and Chorizo Crostini with Shallots and Basil by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Burrata Caprese Crostini with Proscuitto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chorizo and Kimchi Potato Pancakes from kimchi MOM
- Cotija and Roasted Corn Guacamole by Simply Healthy Family
- Gluten Free Basil Tomato Flatbread by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Salt Cod Fritters by Recipes Food and Cooking
Birthday Main Courses:
- Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Flatbread by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Chorizo Eggs Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Espetada (Portuguese Beef Skewers) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Salmon Rice Salad by Magnolia Days
- Sofrito Marinated Beef Skewers by Nik Snacks
- Steak with Red Wine Reduction and Blue Cheese by The Weekend Gourmet
- Angel Food Cake by Feeding Big
- Birthday Blondies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Buttercream Icing by Whole Food | Real Families
- Chocolate Doughnuts with White and Chocolate Glaze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- French Vanilla Eclair Cake by Love and Confections
- Homemade No-Churn Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cheesecake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Cream Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Brownies and 10 Tips on How-To Get Drunk With Happiness by NinjaBaker
- Mint Chocolate Cream Pie by gotta get baked
- Pink Lemonade Cookies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Queijadas de Sintra by Food Lust People Love
- Red Currant Cheesecake Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Peach Cake by The Wimpy Vegetarian