Slight sweet with a light apple and caramel flavor, this Caramel Apple Yerba Mate Iced Tea is power packed and delicious #IcedTeaDay drink!
I was born in the south. Technically I was raised in the south, but some would beg to differ. I mean, Virginia is below the Mason-Dixon line, right? So technically it IS the south? You with me on that? No?
Well, no matter where we lived, I was raised southern. And that means iced tea on the table at dinner every night of the week. And at lunch, if there was one. A pitcher of tea was always in the fridge for us to drink. And when I was old enough, I made more than my fair share of pitchers of teas!
I hear you. You’re asking, “Sweet or unsweet?” We were always unsweet. It seems to un-southern, but I wasn’t and still not a huge fan of all that sugar in tea. Now, we add a little stevia, but not much else. I also don’t like sugar in sodas, and other fruit beverages. Sugar leaves a weird feeling on my teeth and tongue. I just don’t like it.
I know. TMI. Sorry.
The hubs usually only drinks regular tea. I, on the other hand, enjoy some variety in my teacup. I’ve made many different flavors of green tea, herbal tea, and spice teas. I have a few favorites. I love me a green tea with mint. Orange spice is another fave that I will drink if I have it. I like peach teas, chamomile teas, but hands down my favorite tea is a relaxing sleepy tea.
However, I never shy away from trying something new, including teas. So, when Adagio Tea offered to sponsor our #IcedTeaDay, I jumped at the chance. They have so many different flavors and types of tea that I’ve never heard of!! I used my giftcard to get two of their featured teas and a ton of sample bags that make 5 or so cups of tea a piece. How could I go wrong?
For the feature I purchase the yerba mate which is a light flavored tea that packs and powerful energy punch. It tastes almost like a green tea which is perfect for mixing with fruit juices and other flavorings. I also purchased their genmai cha tea which is a tea mixed with toasted, popped rice. I’ll be working with that on another post.
But back to the yerba mate.
I was sipping a cup trying to get some inspiration for it while cleaning out my pantry. You know how that goes! I came across some caramel coffee syrup I had and moved that to the smoothie shelf. I see a caramel apple smoothie in the fall. Just saying.
I also came across lots of freeze dried fruits I have for making macaron. That’s how I get my macarons to stand out above the others; I put freeze fried fruits as well as fruit and vegetable (yes vegetable) powders in the macaronage mix.
A sip of tea, the thought of caramel apple and voila! This recipe was born! It was light, refreshing, and full of delicious light apple and caramel flavors. Perfect for sipping during an Indian summer or rather unusually warm fall day.
What’s your favorite Adagio tea? It’s difficult to choose, I know. Make sure you follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube to catch any sales, promotions, recipes, and new flavors!
- 8 ounces hot water (150 F)
- 1 ounce freeze dried apples
- 1 tablespoon caramel flavored syrup (or caramel flavored coffee creamer)
- 1 Adagio yerba mate tea bag
- Steep the tea and the apples in the how water 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour the steeped tea, apples, and coffee syrup (do not add if using coffee creamer) into the cocktail shaker and shake until chilled.
- Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour the chilled tea mixture over the ice. If using coffee creamer pour the creamer over top and stir with an iced tea spoon and enjoy!
It’s #IcedTeaDay! Are you ready for some fun?
Welcome to #IcedTeaDay hosted by Sue from PalatablePastime. We are so excited to have you join us as we cool off with drinks and treats made with Adagio Tea.
Bloggers are hanging together today to share their favorite iced tea recipes using gourmet teas.
Thank you so much, Adagio Teas, for generously supplying the bloggers with product for development and providing a prize package for our readers! We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win!
Take a look at what the #IcedTeaDay Bloggers are creating today!
- Carmel Apple Yerba Mate Iced Tea from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cold Brewed Yerba Mate from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Iced Redbush and Elderflower Lemonade Tea from Palatable Pastime
- Iced Tropical Rooibos from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mojito Iced Tea from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Basil Darjeeling Iced Tea from Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Iced Tea from Feeding Big
- Vanilla Caramel Cream Tea Pops from Family Around the Table
Disclaimer: Thank you to our #IcedTeaDay Sponsor: Adagio Tea for providing the prizes free of charge. This company also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #IcedTeaDay. All opinions are my own.