Celebrating #GrilledCheeseMonth with a Gourmet Grilled Cheese recipe roundup!
#GrilledCheeseMonth is almost over! I know. I’m sad, too, but it’ll come around again next year. I hope #SundaySupper has another grilled cheese event in April. I’m already starting to think up new gourmet grilled cheese creations for next year. Grilled cheese recipes are always a good thing.
To help get you through the year, here’s a slew of gourmet grilled cheese recipes to help you curb your cheesy cravings. From loaded with meat, to meatfree, and even dessert grilled cheese recipes, there’s definitely something for everyone!
We’ve got some ‘wiches that aren’t your typical grilled cheese. I mean, who could honestly pass up this Inside Out BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheese by The Freshman Cook? Just look at all that juicy, meaty, barbecue-y goodness slapped between two pieces of toasted bread.
See what we mean by not your average ‘wiches?
Not Your Average ‘Wiches
- Inside Out BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheese by The Freshman Cook
- Mozzarella Stick Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Patty Grilled Cheese Bites by Sunday Supper Movement
- Ramen Grilled Cheese by Palatable Pastime
On to the protein packed variety! There’s lots of bacon in this category. I guess that’s why they say that bacon, ham, and tomato are the most popular toppings for grilled cheese. But the #SundaySupper members kicked it up and added salmon, corned beef, shrimp and even some potato chips to these babies! I’m drooling over all that shrimp and bacon goodness. How can anyone resist diving into that Shrimp and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Sprinkles and Sprouts?
Protein Filled ‘Wiches
- Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Crazed Mom
- Bacon Cheddar Grilled Chip Butty by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Dill Havarti and Salmon by My World Simplified
- Grilled Liz Lemon Sandwich by Cricket’s Confections
- How to Make Reuben Paninis by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Shrimp and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Some members like a combination of a little sweet and a little savory. They made some gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches that have complex flavors in one bite! Take this Monte Cristo with Fresh Blackberry Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom. She whipped up a delicious Monte Cristo that’s awesome by itself, but she topped it with an amazing fresh blackberry sauce. Just look at those colors!
Sweet and Savory ‘Wiches
- Applewood Gouda and Pear Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bacon, Apple, Brie Panini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo with Fresh Blackberry Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
Now, if you’re craving something a little less meat filled, we’ve got ya covered there, too! Our members really did make a gourmet grilled cheese for everyone! Even those that don’t do carbs like these Caprese Grilled Eggplant Roll Ups by Caroline’s Cooking. She’s got the eggplant as the “bread” in these summery gems! I’m definitely sharing these with Dad.
Veggie Loaded ‘Wiches
- Apricot Poblano Grilled Cheese Sandwich by My Life Cookbook
- Arugula Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese by Helpful Homemade
- Caprese Grilled Eggplant Roll Ups by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Brie With Smoky Portobellos and Caramelized Onions by Simple and Savory
Last but not least, the bloggers even stepped up their game with some dessert grilled cheese. Yup! Dessert grilled cheese! I can’t wait to try the Strawberry French Toast Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks. Yup. She took two pieces of already delicious French toast and sandwiched some strawberries in the middle. Now maybe I can get the hubs to eat French toast.
It’s like I told ya; a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich for everyone! Hopefully, these will last you until next year when #GrilledCheeseMonth comes around again.
Grab your castanets and crank up the mariachi music! This Sunday #SundaySupper is celebrating Cinco de Mayo! You won’t want to miss this event. It’s gonna have you dancing flamenco on the tables!