This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetenTheSeason #CollectiveBias
Fall is just around the corner! This simple and quick Chocolate Caramel Boston Cream Pie should get you in the mood to #SweetenTheSeason.
Can you smell it? Fall is in the air!! That crisp smell and the cooler temperatures means I get a bug to bake. Don’t you? I mean, who really wants to cook in the heat of summer. I know I don’t. But, once the temps started to fall, you can BET I’m in there cooking up a storm!
And with Halloween just around the corner, I’m thinking of all that fun treats and party foods that I can’t wait to make for me, the hubs, the co-workers; anyone who loves to taste my creations! Being as there’s just the two of us, and since I love to bake, food is distributed evenly among those that know I bake up a storm. Word gets spread and they stealthily make their way to my office for goodies and treats. I say stealthily because they don’t like to share with other co-workers, but they will take some home to their families.
Now, I don’t know about you, but the baking center in my local WalMart is chock full of new fall items to incorporate into my fall baking. Like KRAFT Caramel Bits, JET-PUFFED Pumpkin Spice Mallows, JELL-O No Bake Pumpkin Style Pie, and then there’s the JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Instant Pudding. Yes! JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Instant Pudding!! I was going to use some for this cake, but chose vanilla instead. I thought maybe the pumpkin spice and the caramel might be a bit too much.
Sorry. I just love my red bowls, so I use any opportunity I can to put them in my blogging. I even have matching measuring cups and spoons that look like little bowls. They’re just too cool! These bowls are courtesy of the hubs for Christmas one year. He gets me.
I can’t express how quick and easy this cake really is! And with the ingredient adjustments, this cake is better for you and for your family to eat. My family is always striving to include dessert in our balanced and nutritious lifestyle. By making just a few changes to the ingredients, you can easily have dessert!!
And since this is definitely a buget friendly recipe, you can have dessert as often as you like! Kraft makes serving inexpensive and balanced meals for your family simple. inexpensive, and DELICIOUS!
Yeah, I know. I’m drooling too and I can’t wait to see that caramel chocolate coating just oozing over the top, down the sides, and all over. My what a sticky, ooey, gooey, delicious mess! It was difficult not to lick my fingers, the spatula, the bowl, when it was all said and done. Yes. This cake is THAT good.
See what I mean?? I did want to make sure it coated the sides so I took a butter knife (I hear my father in my head saying, “Case knife!” Got it, Dad!) and spread that Baker’s chocolate and Kraft caramel goodness all over that golden butter cake filled with cool, creamy vanilla JELL-O pudding. What can I say, I love chocolate!! Especially when it’s covering cake.
What’s your fave fall treat to make with Kraft ingredients?
- 15.25 ounces traditional yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 5.1 ounces JELL-O vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 1/4 cups cold milk
- 4 ounces BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 cup KRAFT Caramel Bits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the first four ingredients (cake mix through egg substitute) in a large mixing bowl. Stir until combined, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two 8 inch round cake pans and bake at 350 for 32 to 38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool 5 minutes in the pan then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is baking, combine the JELL-O vanilla instant pudding mix and milk in a small bowl and stir with a whisk for two minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to assemble the bake.
- Once the cake has cooled, place one cake layer on a plate. Cover generously with the vanilla pudding and top with the second layer of cake. Set aside.
- Place the BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate and the KRAFT Caramel Bits in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high one minute. Stir and continue heating at 30 second intervals until the mixture starts to melt.
- Stir in the butter and half and half and continue heating at 30 second intervals until the mixture is completely melted and smooth.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the cake, allowing it to drip over the sides. If you’d like a more thoroughly coated cake, use an offset spatula (or butter knife) to smooth the chocolate caramel mixture over the sides of the cake.