Perdue Signature Chicken Stock makes this dish have depth of flavor like no other chicken stock can. Creamy Chicken Pasta with Leeks and Shallots is a winner with our family and will be with yours.
I don’t know about you, but we’re always looking for quick and healthy recipes to make after work. Who isn’t, right? But you see, lately work has been really taxing. I get home almost thoroughly spent. No puns intended from this budget analyst. I honestly have little to no energy to create a tasty meal that doesn’t require some form of convenience food. It’s just too easy to grab a can of this or a box of that to make a quick dinner for us when we get home from work.
Of course, it doesn’t help that we work in a city on the top ten worst traffic list. Take Friday, for example. I get these wonderful alerts on my smart phone that tells me how long it will take to get home. As I packed up to leave…yup. 1 hour and 12 minutes. To drive 27 miles. An hour. And twelve minutes. *sigh*
So, you see, quick and easy is almost a requirement for our weekday supper.
That’s where Perdue comes in. They have has always been a name brand that I can rely on and trust to have quality ingredients, be healthy, and taste amazing! So, you can imagine my delight when I found out about their PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock. Yes! Perdue makes chicken stock!! And it tastes A-mazing. Lip smacking, lick the pan, spoon and everything else amazing. No, I’m not exaggerating.
This stock IS so delicious because it has no preservatives, no artificial flavors and it’s made with antibiotic-free chicken. You won’t find this in the canned soup aisle; no preservatives, remember? You will find this in the refrigerator section near the fresh-tasting PERDUE® Chicken. Convenient, right? Grab your chicken and your stock right next to each other.
Not only is this stock super flavorful but it also comes in a unique package. Yes, it does have a pour spout and screw top lid, but the unique part is the window on the side that tells just how much you have and when you’ll need to purchase another carton. And you will. You will purchase many cartons to make quick and easy recipes just like this one.
While this sounds fancy, it really is simple and can be thrown together – yes thrown together – in thirty minutes or less with just ten ingredients. Ten. And you probably have most of them already. If you’re like me, you usually have leeks and shallots in the fridge for potato leek soup, but maybe you’re not like me and you may have to purchase these two items with your new PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock. So, head on over to the grocery store. I’ll wait.
What took you so long? I was starting to get hungry!!
As you can see, this is simple and simply delicious. The PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock is the star of this dish and makes for the most amazing sauce for the chicken. Not only is it just 10 ingredients, but it’s only six simple steps, well, seven if you count eating it.
- Prep – It really makes for quick and easy meal if you prepare all of your ingredients before you start to cook. And considering how quick this really does come together, I highly recommend it.
- Sauté – the garlic, shallots, and leeks until tender.
- Brown – the chicken.
- Whisk – the stock with the cornstarch and add it to the pan.
- Simmer – the stock mixture with the chicken mixture until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened.
- Stir – in the cooked pasta
- Serve – that one’s not shown, but it’s kind of obvious.
See? Doesn’t that sound super quick and easy? Not to mention fabulously delicious! And just LOOK at it?? Take a bite! I know you want to.
When the chicken was cooked and the sauce had thickened I ask S, the hubs, to taste it tell me what it needed. He said, and I quote, “A plate under it.” I kid you not. This tastes restaurant quality delicious and truly allows the flavor of this delectable PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock to really shine.
Heh. Like my fancy floating fork? I’m experimenting in anticipation of having a space where I can set up a studio, hopefully soon.
It will probably increase our commute time, but we really can’t stand our little apartment and it leaves my photography a bit lacking and doesn’t truly reflect my skills. I love that fork, by the way. So, 20s and deco. Flea market find props rock!
This was definitely one of those dinners I really REALLY wanted for lunch the next day. It took all the composure I had to not shut my door and lick the bowl clean. Honestly. If you had that for lunch wouldn’t you want to lick the bowl?
The Perdue website is chock full of delicious goodness!
Learn more about PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock here: http://www.perduechickenstock.com/
Join the Perdue Crew to get some pretty sweet rewards (coupons and specials) here: http://www.perduecrew.com/
Learn more about the PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock and the Perdue Way, find store locations to purchase Perdue products, find recipes, new products, and Tips from the Kitchen.
Their website is an invaluable kitchen gadget!
Perdue is working with #SundaySupper for a month long campaign highlighting their new PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock, so please be sure to follow the #WeekdaySupper Pinterest board to see all the deliciousness that can come from this delectable broth.
- 8 ounces rigatoni, uncooked
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cook the pasta according to package directions omitting additional salt and oil.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute before adding the leeks and next five ingredients (shallots through black pepper). Cook the leeks and shallots until they begin to soften; approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the chicken. Cook the chicken 7 to 10 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Add the leek mixture to the chicken and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until the leeks mixture is reheated.
- In a small bowl, combine the PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock with the cornstarch and whisk until combined.
- Pour the broth mixture over the chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and add the cooked pasta. Toss well to make sure the pasta is coated in the sauce. Serve with some nice, crusty bread to dip in the delicious sauce.
I received PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock from Perdue in conjunction with a sponsored social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.