The only thing S said about this, is he wouldn’t use Guinness again. It was a bit overpowering for this recipe. Other than that, it was delicious!
I HAVE NOT wanted to be in the kitchen this week. I mean, it’s been the hottest week so far this Summer. Have I expressed my loathing of Summer? No? Well, yes, I LOATHE Summer. Abhor it! BEYOND hatred!! It’s hot. There’s a crapton of bugs. There’s humidity. *I* am totally miserable in Summer.
My cracker white skin just can’t take the heat. I’m a cold weather person. The colder the better for me. Now, don’t get me wrong. I don’t like to BE cold, I just prefer cold weather. My genes are better suited to Winter than Summer. I’d rather bundle up in 7 layers of warmth than lounge in one layer in summer. And a skimpy layer at that. Which just IS NOT a pretty sight. LOL
Okay. I am out of words that do not involve griping about work…so I’ll leave ya with a few pics:
Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and juices have released. Keep warm.
Sorry so short today peeps. I just am out of words today.
Recipe by A Kitchen Hoor (@flowerfroggirl)
cremini mushrooms, sliced
margarine or butter
fat free milk
fat free cheddar cheese
French bread, sliced
- Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and juices have released. Keep warm.
- Combine beer, milk and flour in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Toast bread and top with sauteed mushrooms and cheese sauce.