Today is day three of #EasterRecipes. I hope y’all have been enjoying what we’ve been sharing. I know I have. From the dinner rolls and sticky buns from Monday to the carrot cake pancakes and the coconut mini tarts on Tuesday; I’m all set on #Easter recipes for at least a good 2 years. And we still have four days left to go!!
Do you love salad bars? I do. I love salad bars. I love all the ingredients, the fresh vegetables, the toppings, and especially the pasta salads. We used to go to Ruby Tuesdays a lot for lunch because of their salad bar. You know, we haven’t been in a while. We should.
Anyway, they have this pasta salad that’s ham and peas and rotini. It’s always delicious. I always get a small spoonful on my plate because I know it’s made with full fat mayonnaise which just isn’t good for me. Yes. I get the fat free dressing, too.
I love it so much, I have had the recreation on my list of things to try at some point. No. This isn’t a recreation. However, it is inspired by that pasta salad and my favorite dressing/dip mix. “What’s your favorite dressing/dip mix?” you ask?
Fiesta Ranch Dip Mix! Hands down. No matter what I made with it, I want to lick the bowl.
I don’t know what it is about that little packet of heaven, but it has made the best dressing and dip I’ve ever tasted. Like the dressing for this pasta salad. I wanted to eat the whole bowl of pasta when I was finished making it. But I didn’t.
It’s crack. To me at least. It has this mix of Southwest spices with a little kick to it that’s just enough heat to make your mouth want more. Then there’s the cool ranch flavor that just goes with everything, in my opinion. Now toss that goodness with some orecchiette, peas, corn, and roasted red peppers and you have this Fiesta Pea and Pasta Salad.
Yes. These are larger orecchiette and I had a difficult time trying to keep them separated. So, I just gave up. I mean, they’re just pockets of fiesta goodness between them. How can that be a bad thing?
See all those colors? You just know it’s not only going to taste good, but it’s going to be good for you, too! Even the dressing is healthy!! It has Greek yogurt, some low fat mayonnaise and some milk along with the packet of fiesta dip mix.
You know what the hardest part about this is? Waiting for the dressing to do its thing. It has to blend with all the other ingredients before you can devour the bowl. It’s a dip mix. You know how that goes.
Now, I’ve been researching how to recreate this dip mix. Because I’m not a HUGE fan of all the salt that’s in there. You know what I think the trick is? The recipe I found has saltine crackers in it to thicken it up. When I read that, I could honestly smell the crackers when I open the package. I’m sure that’s not what Hidden Valley uses, but still. Grab a packet and open one. Now, tell me if you can smell saltines or not!
Is it lunch time? Because I want to dig into this bowl already. And aren’t those cute bowls? When we go antiquing, I try to pick some prop up and this trip I got quite a few things including that fork. I couldn’t pass that sucker up. Apparently it’s from the Civil War era.
Anyway, have you ever tried fiesta ranch dip mix? Have you ever recreated that pasta salad on the salad bar? What’s your favorite recipe from #EasterRecipes so far? Are you tired of me asking lots of questions?
This week, thirteen bloggers are sharing 46 recipes and tips to help you serve up deliciousness this Easter. Follow #EasterRecipes on social media to see what we’re serving up!
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Crescent Rolls by Tip Garden
- Individual Easter Breads by Cooking With Carlee
- Tomato Asparagus Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peeps Whoopie Pies by Palatable Pastime
- Rosemary Garlic Herb Rib Roast by Family Around The Table
- Honey butter Peas and Carrots by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pea and Pasta Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Eggplant Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
In case you missed them, here’s Monday and Tuesday’s #EasterRecipes
- Deviled Ham Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Easy Pecan Sticky Buns by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Easy Citrus Ham by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Sausage and Vegetable Strata by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Lemon Herb Sauce by Tip Garden
- Dipped Strawberry Carrots by Family Around The Table
- Easter Malted Milk Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sharadan’s Lemon Blueberry Parfaits by Cooking With Carlee
- Easter Egg Cooking and Dyeing Tips and Tricks by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Easter Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Torta Salata Pasquale by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dill Roasted Radishes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus by Family Around The Table
- Praying Arm Pretzels by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Coconut Mini Tarts by Making the Most of Naptime