These delicious Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp are loaded with garlic and buttery goodness. I don’t know about you, but I’m drooling.
Da-da-da-duuuun Da-da-dun-dun-da-dun dun-dun dun-dun Da-da-da-da-dun-da-duuun Are ya ready for some footbaaaaaaaaaaaaall!! *snickers*
It’s Game Day with #SundaySupper!! We have an AMAZING line up of team dishes for you to nosh on while watching the BIG GAME! Like these shrimp.
I’ve been on a bit of a lemon kick lately. I don’t know what it is. They just smell so yummy and are even more tasty; especially when paired with shrimp. These shrimp. And some garlic, some bay leaves, some butter. Drooling yet?
I think I’ve told this story before, but S and I were witting at a Wegman’s counter and had some shrimp that were to die for. The key? Chicken broth, lemon and bay leaves. LOTS of bay leaves. I never in a million years would have thought to pair bay leaves with shrimp. Ever since then, I have. Even when boiling I add some lemon and bay leaves. It’s that “what is that flavor” element most will not be able to recognize and just makes them so very tasty.
S and I don’t do a lot for the Super Bowl. We’ll have regular lunch and dinner. I don’t think we’ll even have nibbles. We just don’t. If were having a party or attending a party, I’m sure we’d have meatballs, wings, veggies, cheese, chips, dip, and all that good stuff. But for just us? It’s a waste. I may get some wings and just try my hand at baking some to see how they go, but not many. Our Sundays are usually pretty much planned no matter what’s going in the sports world.
Ya know, I just may make some dip to go with our chips. That would be good….chips, dip and maybe a few wings. And these shrimp. These delicious lemon bay shrimp are loaded with garlic and buttery goodness. I don’t know about you, but I’m drooling.
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 to 5 whole bay leaves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-low. Add butter and olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add the lemon zest, garlic, and crushed bay leaves. Continue to cook on medium-low, stirring occasionally, until the garlic starts to turn a light brown.
- Place the shrimp in the pan and cook for 1 minute. Turn the shrimp over and drizzle the lemon juice over them.
- Roast in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes more or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve with some crostini or nice, crusty bread to sop up all that flavorful buttery, garlicky-, lemon juicy, broth.
Make sure you check out all the Game Day deliciousness we are sharing this Sunday!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.