This Light and Luscious Chocolate Cheesecake is definitely chocolaty and delicious without all that added fat and calories. Saving almost 10 grams of fat per serving, you will feel good about eating dessert this holiday season.
I love the holidays and I dread them all at the same time.
Honestly, what is it about the holiday season that says we have to eat until we’re stuffed, loosen our belts, and then eat some more?
If you’re anything like me you can’t seem to resist NOT eating all that food. It all just looks so gooooooooood and so tasty and I just need to eat it all. I have no filter. It’s sad.
This week’s #SundaySupper theme is all about lightening up our holiday recipes. From drinks to appetizers, side dishes and desserts, there’s something for everyone this week. And something to help us all from gaining large amounts of weight this holiday season.
When I think of holiday food, it’s always cakes and cookies, maybe a roast beast, but usually the sweet stuff. I’m always on the lookout for a deliciously moist and low fat cake or cupcake. Pie? Well, we’re not really big pie eaters. Brownies? Yes please. Cheesecake? ALWAYS! It’s almost always our go to dessert on a menu or a special dinner out.
I have a pretty killer, tasty, and delicious low fat cheesecake recipe. The best part? You can make it all in your food processor. Yup! You don’t need to dirty a lot of bowls and baking utensils. You simply need a couple of measuring cups, a couple of measuring spoons, your food processor, a small bowl and a springform pan. So, not only is it light in calories, it’s also light on your dish washer, whomever that is.
I didn’t think so. And trust me when I say it is delicious! You will not miss all those calories and fat. Your belt will thank you and your taste buds will thank you. Now, make sure to see what the rest of the #SundaySupper crew lightened up for our holiday dinner.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces nonfat Greek yogurt
- 16 ounces fat free cottage cheese
- 16 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar (or sugar substitute of choice)
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and melted margarine until a coarse meal forms. Wrap the bottom of an 8 inch spring form baking pan in aluminum foil and press cookie crumb mixture into bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides. Bake in 350 oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely
- Put the yogurt in a strainer lined with cheesecloth, coffee filters, or paper towels and allow to drain for 1 hour. Drain the cottage cheese in the same manner for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Combine both in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Cream the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture to the cream cheese and beat until completely incorporated and smooth. Add the remaining cottage cheese mixture and process until completely smooth. Add the egg substitute and process until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder to the cheese mixture; processing until combined and smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour the filling into the springform pan being careful not to disturb the crust. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 10-20 minutes or until barely set in the center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Carefully wrap the springform pan in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Lightened Up Eggnog by The Redhead Baker
- Low Calorie Pumpkin Pie Malted Milkshake by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Appetizer or starter
- Gruyere Cheese Puffs by Sustainable Dad
- Lighten-up Sausage Rolls by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spaghetti Squash, Pears and Kale with Shrimp by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Lightened Up Cornbread Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spicy Eggplant Dip by Cooking Chat
- Carciofi alla Trapanese by Manu’s Menu
- Fresh Salmon Carpaccio by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes and Corn by Family Foodie
- Mini Mushroom Shepherd’s Pies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Grandma’s Mac n’ Cheese by What Smells So Good?
- Lean Mean Cheeseburger Soup by The Foodie Army Wife
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Chicken Sausage Soup by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Lightened-Up Fettuccine Alfredo by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Brunch with Joy
- Butternut Squash Orzo Pasta by Life Tastes Good
- Hearts of Palm, Artichoke, Avocado and Butter Lettuce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Quick and Easy Sweet Potato by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Lentil & Mushroom Stuffing by Foxes Love Lemons
- Almond-Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli by The Texan New Yorker
- Tangy, Spiced Red Cabbage by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Honey Ginger Glazed Carrots by Ruffles & Truffles
- Shrimp Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette by eating in instead
- Cranberry Orange Glazed Green Beans by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Green Beans with Rosemary Garlic Butter by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mediterranean Lentil Stuffed Delicata Squash by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Leaner Green Beans by Noshing With The Nolands
- Spiced Tri-Colored Carrot Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Horiatki Salata by Peaceful Cooking
- Healthier Potluck Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Farro Stuffing with Cranberries and Walnuts by The Dinner-Mom
- Roasted Parsnip and Apple Soup by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sweet Apple Bites by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Individual Cheesecakes by Nosh My Way
- Light and Luscious Chocolate Cheesecake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Healthy Brownie Recipe | Applesauce Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Peanut Butter Coconut Mini Bars by Basic N Delicious
- The Blondie Recipe by Wallflour Girl
- Cinnamon Roll Granola Bars by Pies and Plots
- Skinny Ninja Cheesecake by NinjaBaker.com
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pumpkin Blondie by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.