Potato Leek Skillet Pizza packs amazing flavor in a small package. All the delicious flavors are used in moderation for this crispy crusted appetizer or main dish pizza.
This week, we’re all about healthy green recipes. I know. You’re saying, “But, Christie, pizza isn’t healthy!” Okay. I’m here to say it can be. It just relies on the ingredients you put in your pizza.
Now, I’ve made a potato leek pizza before. And it was amazing. One of my absolutely favorite homemade pizzas. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw this Healthy Green Recipes for #SundaySupper. Not that that pizza wasn’t health-ish…
This pizza is healthy. Yes, it has cheese on it. And yes it has prosciutto on it. But, it has a little cheese and a little prosciutto. They both pack a flavor punch that doesn’t require tons of cheese, fat, and prosciutto.
That everything in moderation really can make any food healthy. Well, maybe not healthy but not detrimental to your health. I know. I’m going out on a limb here with French fries. But bear with me.
This pizza has thinly sliced potatoes. Potatoes that are full of potassium and complex carbs. Complex carbs are packed with fiber. Fiber helps control the appetite, help prevent certain cancers, and can alleviate some digestive issues. Fiber, we all know it’s a good thing.
Leeks. Leeks have vitamin K. If you’re like me, you have no idea what that does. Vitamin K is one of those things they say you should have in your diet, but you’re not really sure why. Well, if you’re like me you don’t know why.
Vitamin K is good for blood clotting. Not clotting in your arteries, but when you get a cut, vitamin K is essential to help the cut stop bleeding. Did you know that for a clot to form, there are at least 12 protein functions required? Insane. I know.
Leeks are also great for bone health. Vitamin K is a key factor in the production of osteoclasts. There’s a whole lot of other chemical and health jargon related to this that I couldn’t quite understand. All I know is that vitamin K a dietary risk factor for not only osteoporosis but arthritis. Low levels of vitamin K can put you at risk for arthritis.
And now, how does it taste? It’s crispy on the bottom. I love that part. You heat the skillet up on the stove before putting the pan into the oven to cook the rest of the way. That guarantees you a crispy crust on the bottom.
The potatoes are tender and combine well with the gruyere cheese blend. There’s something about potatoes and gruyere that I just love. The two together are like heaven to me. Of course, that’s cook in a casserole dish with some cream…
The leeks add a nice, light onion flavor. This pairs nice with the slightly salty and crisp pancetta that’s on the pizza. The sweet leeks, the salty pancetta all party with the potatoes and gruyere that make this the most delicious skillet pizza you’ve ever tasted.
Can you see all those layers of amazing flavors? They’re all right there. The potatoes, cheese, leeks, potatoes, more cheese, and more leeks with crispy pancetta all make for such delicious layers.
You can easily make this for an appetizer, if you have a smaller skillet. It’s the perfect little nibble to have while drinking a nice white wine or even a stout. Have a griddle? Make a long one you can cut into small bites for your guests.
OR you can make this delicious pizza in a large skillet for dinner. Add a little salad and you have a delicious and easy meal to serve for your family. The hubs like this pizza, so I know you will, to.
What’s your favorite healthy green to eat?
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 467 Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 15g Cholesterol 44mg Sodium 1159mg Carbohydrates 39g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 3g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 18g
- Get Your Greens Smoothie by Hardly A Goddess
- Green Breakfast Omelet Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Green Eggs and Ham by Feeding Big
- Green Scrambled Eggs with Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Kuku Sabzi – Persian Herb Frittata by Caroline’s Cooking
- Matcha Overnight Oats by Brunch-n-Bites
- Southwest Breakfast Spinach Wrap by The Freshman Cook
- Super Green Smoothie by Simple and Savory
Must Make Main Dishes
- Chicken Paillard Arugula Truffle Salad by Family Foodie
- Gambian Spinach with Peanut Sauce by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Grilled Lettuce and Steak Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pan Roasted Cod on Spinach Basil Risotto with Lemon Butter Sauce by Positively Stacey
- Poached Cod with Pesto Wine Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Leek Skillet Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sautéed Garlic and Parmesan Chicken With Spinach by My Sweet Savings
- Skinny Reuben Wraps with Homemade 1000 Island Dressing by For the Love of Food
- Tequila Chicken Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad by Pies and Plots
- Green Goddess Bibb Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes by Shockingly Delicious
- Quinoa Tabbouleh by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sesame Wedge Salad with Key Lime Vinaigrette & Pickled Green Tomatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Shades of Green Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Carpaccio Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Colcannon by Wholistic Woman
- Green Goddess Dip by From the Bookshelf
- Grilled Cabbage with Spicy Lime Dressing by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Irish Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Miso Roasted Broccoli by Life Currents
- Pistachio Parmesan Oven Fries by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Books n’ Cooks
- Soy Glazed Sugar Snap Peas by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Tots by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw by Jersey Girl Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.