Have unexpected guests on their way? Not a problem! With just a few pantry ingredients, you can have these Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms on a plate in no time!
The phone rings. You don’t check the number because you’re in the online Christmas shopping. “Hello?”
“Hi! It’s Janet! I’m in town and thought I’d drop by. Is that okay?”
Yes and no. Yes, it’s okay because you haven’t seen her in a long time but no because you haven’t gotten dressed yet and it’s 4:30…pm.
“Sure! How does 6 sound?”
“Perfect! See ya then!”
And then the mad dash ensues. You put a bottle of Galo pinot in the fridge, proceed to dust and pick up quickly, and then hop in the shower. You dress, put your hair up, and then head to the kitchen.
Turning the oven on you then search the fridge and pantry. What in the world could you possible whip up in 30 minutes? You search the mental Pinterest of a recipe box you have in your brain and crab the canned crab you planned to make some crab dip with, breadcrumbs, and some garlic salt then check the fridge. Mushrooms, Parmesan, cream cheese, and chives; CHECK!
You’ve got all the ingredients to make Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms! YAY!!
These mushrooms require little effort but make a huge impression. The hardest part is prepping the mushrooms which only took me about 5 minutes. Then it’s simply combine, stuff, dip, bake, and wait. That’s the hardest part; the waiting. These stuffed mushrooms will fill your kitchen with mushroom, crab, and chive flavors. It was difficult to wait for these babies to cook before we devoured them.
Of course, it helps when they look like these mushrooms do! They are full of sweet crab and delicious chives. They’re creamy and crunchy all at once wrapped in an earthy mushroom wrapper. Honestly, can you turn down these little bites of amazing when offered? I know I couldn’t. I can’t because I love stuffed mushrooms!
With the holidays fast approaching, sometimes we forget how important it is to spend time with friends and family. Even if they pop by unexpected, with just a few pantry ingredients, you can whip up some delicious nibbles to have with a glass of wine while chatting with a friends or family you haven’t seen in a while. The important past is that you sit down and spend time with them.
What kind of wine would you serve your guests with these Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms?
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay or other seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces canned crab
- 16 large mushroom caps (about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the first five ingredients (cream cheese through black pepper) in a mixing bowl with a fork until combined.
- Fold in the crab and set aside.
- Remove the stems, the white rim, and some of the gills of the mushrooms carefully with a spoon. Fill each mushroom cap and place on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the bread crumbs with the butter. Carefully dip each mushroom into the bread crumb mixture and return them to the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned and the filling is heated through.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chocolate Cranberry Mini Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cauliflower-Apple Melts by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chimichurri Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Everything Cream Cheese Balls by Magnolia Days
- Mini Party Crab Cakes by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Lobster Salad in Puff Pastry Cups by The Weekend Gourmet
- Potato Kimchi Bacon Bites by kimchi MOM
- Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Scallops with Cranberry Bacon Jam by Caroline’s Cooking
- Shrimp and Artichoke Crostini by Monica’s Table
- Spanakopita Bites by Casa de Crews
- Tortellini Caprese Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Tropical Cocktail Wings by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Bean, Escarole, & Sausage Soup by Get the Good Stuff
- Chicken Cacciatore Pronto by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice by Feeding Big
- Swedish Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Pecan Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthier Hoppin’ John by Cooking Chat
- Italian Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Stuffing by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- 4-Ingredient Double Chocolate Christmas Fudge by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Wallflour Girl
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cups by PancakeWarriors
- Frangelico French Silk Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Holiday Pie Crust Cookies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Peppermint Bark Pretzels by Pies and Plots
- Red Velvet Eggnog Cheesecake Trifle by The Crumby Cupcake
- Santa Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Skillet Cookies by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- White Chocolate Covered Gingerbread OREOS by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Quick and Easy Holiday Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.