Have unexpected guests on their way? Not a problem! With just a few pantry ingredients, you can have these Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms on a plate in no time!
The phone rings. You don’t check the number because you’re in the online Christmas shopping. “Hello?”
“Hi! It’s Janet! I’m in town and thought I’d drop by. Is that okay?”
Yes and no. Yes, it’s okay because you haven’t seen her in a long time but no because you haven’t gotten dressed yet and it’s 4:30…pm.
“Sure! How does 6 sound?”
“Perfect! See ya then!”
And then the mad dash ensues. You put a bottle of Galo pinot in the fridge, proceed to dust and pick up quickly, and then hop in the shower. You dress, put your hair up, and then head to the kitchen.
Turning the oven on you then search the fridge and pantry. What in the world could you possible whip up in 30 minutes? You search the mental Pinterest of a recipe box you have in your brain and crab the canned crab you planned to make some crab dip with, breadcrumbs, and some garlic salt then check the fridge. Mushrooms, Parmesan, cream cheese, and chives; CHECK!
You’ve got all the ingredients to make Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms! YAY!!
These mushrooms require little effort but make a huge impression. The hardest part is prepping the mushrooms which only took me about 5 minutes. Then it’s simply combine, stuff, dip, bake, and wait. That’s the hardest part; the waiting. These stuffed mushrooms will fill your kitchen with mushroom, crab, and chive flavors. It was difficult to wait for these babies to cook before we devoured them.
Of course, it helps when they look like these mushrooms do! They are full of sweet crab and delicious chives. They’re creamy and crunchy all at once wrapped in an earthy mushroom wrapper. Honestly, can you turn down these little bites of amazing when offered? I know I couldn’t. I can’t because I love stuffed mushrooms!
With the holidays fast approaching, sometimes we forget how important it is to spend time with friends and family. Even if they pop by unexpected, with just a few pantry ingredients, you can whip up some delicious nibbles to have with a glass of wine while chatting with a friends or family you haven’t seen in a while. The important past is that you sit down and spend time with them.
What kind of wine would you serve your guests with these Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms?
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay or other seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces canned crab
- 16 large mushroom caps (about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the first five ingredients (cream cheese through black pepper) in a mixing bowl with a fork until combined.
- Fold in the crab and set aside.
- Remove the stems, the white rim, and some of the gills of the mushrooms carefully with a spoon. Fill each mushroom cap and place on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the bread crumbs with the butter. Carefully dip each mushroom into the bread crumb mixture and return them to the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned and the filling is heated through.