This Roasted Shallot and Herb Roast will be the centerpiece of your holiday table and with the #RoastPerfect app. Simply dial up the type of roast and the app gives you instructions on how to roast it perfectly for your family.
One year for a holiday dinner – I say holiday dinner because my step-dad is Jewish and follows Kosher eating pretty close – I decided to make a rib roast. Now, having never made a rib roast before, I was a bit apprehensive. BUT, I did watch a lot of cooking shows to make sure I knew what I was doing. Thankfully, it turned out delicious! I would have been a wreck had it been a disaster.
And thus a tradition, at least in MY household, was born.
While others are making turkey or the other white meat, ham, for their holiday meals, we make a rib roast. Or a boneless rib roast if I can find one. Because, who really wants to deal with all those bones? Well, now that I know how flavorful the stock can be from those bones, I do, but sometimes I’d rather just have large quantities of delicious beef.
Now for us, I usually put a generous, herbal and flavorful rub on mine and cook away, blindly. I had a cheap thermometer and one year I totally botched the roast. It was WAY undercooked for some of our guests, which is so embarrassing. If I had known about the Certified Angus Beef® Brand Roast Perfect App then, I would having NAILED it!
What? You mean you don’t know about the Certified Angus Beef® Brand Roast Perfect App)?
Well, let me school ya a minute. Y’all have to know how much I love Certified Angus Beef® Brand. I did nothing but gush all over their steaks a few months ago. The words “best steak ever” still ring in my years. They have the highest standards for beef which means they have the best beef products hands down! Like, melt in your mouth best beef ever.
While you can purchase the Rolls Royce of beef, you gotta make sure you know how to drive that Rolls. Meaning, you can have the best beef in your oven, but if you don’t know how to properly cook it, it may not taste like the best beef ever. That’s why they’ve made the #RoastPerfect app and have roasting instructions on their website to help ensure you have that amazing experience that IS Certified Angus Beef® Brand roast beef.
Honestly. Just look at that deliciousness right there! My family LOVES when I cook our holiday dinner because they know I will give that roast the TLC it needs to ensure amazing flavor every year. There’s no way I could roast such a perfect cut of meat without their #RoastPerfect app.
“What cuts are good for roasting?” you ask?
Well, there’s several! From the tri-tip to the eye of round (LOVE that one) to the prime rib (pictured above); there’s a beef roast for all members of your family. And, like members of your family, they all have their own little nuances. That’s why I rely on the #RoastPerfect app and their roasting instructions to help me handle each type of roast with care. Now, if there was only a #RoastPerfect style app to help me deal with Cousin Joe, then I’d be all set! Maybe I’ll sick Cousin Joe on their Pinterest board for a few hours. There’s some mighty tasty pictures and recipes on their #RoastPerfect board.
But seriously, the holidays are not about rushing around and worrying about how Aunt Martha will or will not like your roast. It’s about just spending time with your family and friends. Slow down. Pop a roasted shallot and herb roast in the oven and be confident it will taste amazing. Then have a glass of wine, set out a cheese plate, sit down with your family, and enjoy the time you have together.
Thankfully, the retailer that’s closest to me is between my house and Dad’s house. There’s an H Mart in Annandale that sells their beef. I’d like to pick up some steaks on the way to Dad’s so we can grill them and enjoy them together. Consequently, on the way back home, the hubs and I can pick up a roast to have for our own #SundaySupper. If you want to know where to get this impeccable meat in your area, visit their retail and restaurant locator.
Since Certified Angus Beef® Brand is super active on social media – they’re even on Periscope! Love that! So, you should follow them! They’re always sharing tips, ideas, and recipes for their delicious products on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest (don’t forget the Roast Perfect app board), Instagram, and YouTube.
This Roasted Shallot and Herb Roast will be the centerpiece of your holiday table and with the #RoastPerfect app. Simply dial up the type of roast and the app gives you intructions on how to roast it perfectly for your family.
- 4 large shallots
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 pound boneless Prime rib roast
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the shallots on a large piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake at 400 for 20 to 25 minutes or until they're tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Once the shallots are cool enough to handle. Cut off the tops of the shallots and remove the tough, outer layers of skin. Place the tender layers in the bowl of a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Pulse until well blended and set aside.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan with a rack (or an oven safe rack over a baking sheet) and place in the oven for 15 minutes to sear.
- Remove from the oven and quickly cover with the roasted shallot mixture and place back in the oven. Lower the temperature to 325 and cook an additional one hour and 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, tent with foil carefully so as not to touch the shallot mixture, and rest 15 minutes before slicing and serving with some roasted Dutch baby potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
- Asian Beer Marinated Roast by Food Done Light
- Bone-In Rib Roast Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast by Flavor Mosaic
- Classic Prime Rib by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coffee Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Garlic Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Life Tastes Good
- Garlic Herb Beef Tenderloin Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Greek Marinated Sirloin Tip Roast by Curious Cuisiniere
- Herbed Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine and Cranberry Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lemon Pepper Sirloin Tip Roast by Magnolia Days
- Lendenbraten with Black Truffle Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- New York Strip Roast by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Prime Rib Roast with Brussels Sprouts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Prime Rib Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prime Rib Roast with Santa Maria Rub by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Shallot and Herb Roast by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Ribeye Roast with Caramelized Onion by Cooking Chat
- Sweet and Garlicky Prime Rib by Family Foodie
- Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin Roast with Mushroom Cream Sauce by Whole Food | Real Families
- #RoastPerfect Tips Plus Holiday Roasting Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.