This Skillet Jalapeno Popper Dip recipe is fabutastic! Your guests will devour it and ask for more!
I totally missed day two of #DairyMonth. I had a recipe that was ready to go and I just needed to do a few finishing touches and BAM! Life happened and I couldn’t recover. So, I’ll just have to share that recipe some other time. I’m stacked with posts this week. I should have another out today that I hope to get done for an evening post. And then I have two for tomorrow to go. I need a better planner…
Actually, I should have double posted tomorrow’s recipe for #DairyMonth, too, because it has mascarpone in it. That’s made with dairy! Why didn’t I think of that?? I really need to start putting this stuff on a calendar so I remember what I’m doing! My memory is a sieve remember??
Of course it doesn’t help that I’m busier as a one legged man… you know how the saying goes.
Anyway. Just look at that delicious Cabot cheese! I’m drooling. There’s two types of that cheese in this recipe. You will NOT be disappointed. They have the BEST cheese. More about that later.
I’ve been trying to make something jalapeno popper for a while now. Jalapeno popper chicken, dip, taquitos. It was always too hot! As in spicy. I have no idea who wrote those recipes, but yikes. My tongue is still burning from some of them.
Yes, I realize the operative word is jalapeno but seriously. It shouldn’t be so spicy you can’t taste the delicious cheese and the creaminess of the dip. You should be able to taste the herbs and spices, if you chose to use them. Which I did in this dip.
When I found out Cabot was sending delicious cheese our way, I asked if they could add in some of their reduced fat cheese. I know I’ve talked about the hubs and his cholesterol issues. Since we’re working on the PEP plan again with the step-mom, it’s important that we keep our fat consumption in check.
They’re such an amazing company, they totally obliged and swapped out some of the cheese for the RF cheese that is super sharp and delicious!! I’d say you can’t tell but you sort of can tell that you’re not eating the full creamy Cabot cheddar, but it’s pretty darned delicious RF cheese!
And I should know! I’ve been down this road before and some RF and FF (fat free) cheese are just gross. I know. I’ve learned a few tricks to make them more like real cheese as far as melting, but I can’t help taste. Cabot has the most delicious RF cheese ever!
Of course that’s not surprising. All Cabot cheese is the most delicious ever! In this recipe I paired the RF cheddar with their chipotle cheddar blend. It has a delicious smoky flavor that’s not too spicy. I contemplated the habanero, but changed my mind because, well, tongue! On fire! If you love heat, then you need to pick up a block of their habanero cheese. It’s addictively hot.
This recipe is so creamy and delicious. Even the hubs said it was good! You’ll see his participation a little later. Something about needing a hand model for the cheese shot. I just couldn’t do it myself. I tried, in this shot, but I simply need a better tripod!
That, my friends, is the RF cheese on top. I know. You’re saying, “How did you get it all melty like that? When I try to melt RF cheese it just melts in shred shape.” There’s a little trick. To get the cheese to melt the way you want, it needs a little oil. So, I spritz it with a little cooking spray before broiling and voila! Melted cheese! Looks just like the real thing, but saves on the fat calories.
There’s my lovely hand model. The hubs offered to help with the cheese money shot! He did a great job! I love this shot not just for the delicious, stringy Cabot cheese, but because he helped me with it. And he tasted his efforts and said it was really good. I see I’ll be making this dip again!
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway below and win your own Cabot prize pack! And make sure to follow them on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. It will probably help in the long run with your entries, recipes, ideas, coupons, etc. It’s just a good thing!
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lite mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup 75% reduced fat Cabot extremely sharp cheddar cheese
- 4.5 ounces green chiles
- 4 ounces canned jalapeno peppers
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Beat the cream cheese in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer until creamy. Add the next four ingredients (mayonnaise through ground cumin) and beat until combined.
- Stir in the Cabot chipotle cheddar cheese and half of the reduced fat extremely sharp cheddar cheese. Fold in the green chiles and jalapeno peppers.
- Pour the dip into a cast iron skillet and bake at 400 for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle the dip with the remaining reduced fat cheese, lightly spray with cooking spray, and broil until the cheese is browned and bubbly. Cool slightly before serving with tortilla chips.
Welcome to our week-long celebration of June being #DairyMonth hosted by From Gate to Plate and Cooking With Carlee. We are putting together our best recipes using cow milk, goat milk butter, cream and cheeses. We can’t wait to share them with you.
- A Visit to Ol’ McGrandpa’s Farm by Cooking With Carlee
- Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese from Feeding Big
- Chili Cheese Corn Salad by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Chipotle Cheddar Patty Melt by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Breakfast Egg Bites by Family Around the Table
- Gluten Free Rotini with Cabot Cheddar, Chorizo and Saffron by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Homemade Fudgesicles by From Gate to Plate
- How to Make Labneh from Caroline’s Cooking
- Skillet Jalapeno Popper Dip from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Southern Style Pimento with Bacon Mac and Cheese by Tip Garden
- Zucchini Tots with Jalapeno, Cheddar and Bacon by Palatable Pastime
Cabot has graciously donated a $25 gift box for one lucky winner. Cabot Creamery is an award-winning co-operative owned and operated by 1,100 member dairy farm families throughout New England and Upstate New York. We take care of the land so the grass grows green and tall, which makes the cows happy—and happy cows produce rich, buttery milk, which makes for cheese and other products that win awards year after year. And the more people love our Cabot family of products, then the more our dairy farms will thrive—today and into the future. Learn more about Cabot at www.cabotcheese.coop
Giveaway is open to residents of the United States only who are 18 years of age or older. Prize will be sent after the close of the giveaway and winner verification is complete. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond. If no response within the time frame, an alternate winner will be selected. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment.
a Rafflecopter giveaway