This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
A favorite drink at the Jersey Shore gets an adult makeover! These Sparkling Mojito Lime Rickies combine my two favorite lime drinks: mojito and lime rickies.
You guys. #BrunchWeek is almost over! There’s two days left! I’m sad, but glad at the same time. It’s been chaos here at AKHA getting all the recipes written, photograph, posts published, and links shared. I have plans to continue to share all the delicious recipes through the weekend and next week. I hope y’all have been following along and drooling like I have.
No? Just me? Anyone got a napkin?
I’m very much into lime drinks. Caipirinha, mojito, margarita; you name it! If it has lime in it I want to drink it. That includes non-alcoholic drinks, too. I love the sweet and tart combination. And I LOVE lime. I’m that person that eats the lime jelly beans, Skittles, Jolly Ranchers. Yup. That’s me!
Rewind to the late 90s and I’m dating my boyfriend from college. We went with his parents to the Jersey Shore for summer vacation one year. We stayed in a separate room, of course. It was my first trip to the Jersey Shore before it was popular and on television.
Our days were spent playing those games that earned you tokens. We wandered up and down the boardwalk perusing the shops. There were some piers with rides and we did a few of those. It wasn’t anything major, but a nice, relaxing time.
We got in the habit of having lime rickies in the evening. I’d never heard of a lime rickie until that trip. But it’s been a drink that I’ve always had on my list to recreate. So, when #BrunchWeek came up, I thought it would be a great way to adult-ify a favorite drink.
So, that’s just what I did! Except, I just didn’t add some alcohol to the lime rickie. No. I combined it with another favorite drink the mojito! It has lime in it, so why not?
It also has delicious mint which a perfect additional the lime rickie! So is rum. Rum is the perfect addition to almost any drink. At least that’s what I think. Rum and coke, rum and soda, rum and cake. Wait, that last one’s just me. Sorry!
Now, the hubs isn’t a mint fan. I had to put fewer leaves in his glass when I made his sparkling mojito lime rickie. I also adjusted the sugar content a little. He’s not a citrus fan either. Honestly, I’m not quite sure why he had two. Yes. Two. I guess he just wanted to try them. *shrug*
These sparkling mojito lime rickies are delicious! They have that perfect pairing of sweet and tart. There’s the hint of mint in the background. Finally, there’s the smooth rum and sparkling Sprite to top everything off.
Why Sprite? Because sparkling water or seltzer water just doesn’t quite make the drink. You see, lime rickies are made with Sprite. It wouldn’t be one without that lemon lime flavor in the drink. I tried these with just sparkling water and, honestly, they didn’t have that lime rickie flavor. It has to be Sprite, or 7-Up, or your lemon lime beverage of choice, but definitely not just sparkling water.
Have you had a lime rickie? What’s your favorite brunch beverage?
- 2 – 3 sprigs mint
- 2 lime wedges
- 4 teaspoons stevia (or sweetened of choice)
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces premium rum
- 4 ounces Sprite
- Crushed ice
- Muddle mint leaves a one lime wedge in each of two high ball glasses. Fill 2/3 with crushed ice and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker combine the stevia, lime juice, and rum. Shake for one minute and strain into the glasses.
- Top with Sprite, garnish with mint and lime, and serve.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
- Blackberry Mint Bellinis from Sweet Beginnings
- Cardamom Rose Cocktail from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lemon & Blueberry Mocktail from Girl Abroad
- Mango Pina Colada from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sparkling Mojito Lime Rickies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Cheesy Asparagus Bacon Quiche from The Nifty Foodie
- Creamed Asparagus Omelet from Wholistic Woman
- Eggs in Hell from kimchi MOM
- Asparagus and Cheddar Frittata from My Catholic Kitchen
- Spring Veggie Quiche from A Day in the Life on the Farm
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Apple Cheddar Cream Cheese Danish from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Apple Cinnamon Bread from It Bakes Me Happy
- Gluten Free Apple Waffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Banana Bread Buttermilk Pancakes from Love and Confections
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls from Pink Cake Plate
- Brown Sugar Poptarts from Big Bear’s Wife
- Creme Brulee French Toast from The Barbee Housewife
- Cherry Almond Coffee Cake from The Chef Next Door
- Cheddar Dinner Rolls from Family Around the Table
- Cinnamon Apple Danish from Nik Snacks
- Garlic and Herb Pull Apart Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Cake from Books n’ Cooks
- Mocha Eclairs from The Redhead Baker
- Sweet Apple Hand Pies with Cheddar Shortcrust from An Edible Mosaic
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Country Ham Biscuits with Peach Mustard from Palatable Pastime
- Ham, Apple and Cheddar Melts from Cookaholic Wife
- Ham, Egg, and Asparagus Breakfast Pizza Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Shaved Asparagus, Herb Cream Cheese, and Smoked Salmon Pizza from Sarcastic Cooking
- Yumbo Sliders from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Rhubarb Crunch from Cooking with Carlee
- Biscuit Bar with Flavored Sugars from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Low-Fat Apple Coffee Cake from Hardly A Goddess
This recipe is intended for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly. Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Nielsen-Massey, Rainier Fruit, and Michigan Asparagus for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own..
The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors.
The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.