This week, #SundaySupper is chatting all about eggnog recipes. It’s not just the ‘nog you drink. There’s baked goods, breakfast pastries, and delicious desserts.
Now, in our house, there’s one who loves eggnog and one who doesn’t. It’s like cilantro, I think; you either love it or hate it. There’s no take it or leave with the famous holiday beverage.
Speaking of which, do you know how old eggnog is? It’s quite old according to culinary historians. One of the websites I stubmled on said it used to be a digestive aid.
While England and North American probably consume the most eggnog, there are a few other variations. Mexico has rompop and Puerto Rico has coquito. If you haven’t made the latter, you really should. It’s eggnog mashed with a pina colada. At least the colada part, is. And taste amazing.
Either way you serve it up, eggnog is almost as highly debated as politics (or elections of late). It’s like cranberries at Thanksgiving; a require element for the holidays.
And #SundaySupper is here to help you get you through the eggnog season.
- Caramel Bottom Eggnog Cheesecake by Botton Left of Mitten
- Chocolate Eggnog Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Eggnog Bread Pudding with Warm Whiskey Sauce by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggnog Bundt Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Eggnog Macarons by Baking Sense
- Eggnog Macaroons by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eggnog Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gingerbread Bars with Eggnog Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Layered Gingerbread Cake with Eggnog Frosting by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Eggnog Cheesecakes by Authentically Candace
- Coconut Milk Eggnog by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Eggnog Coffee Frappe by And She Cooks
- Gingerbread Eggnog Latte by Palatable Pastime
- Spiked Eggnog Hot White Cocoa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Traditional Homemade Eggnog by The Redhead Baker
Breakfast and Breakfast Pastries
- Baked Eggnog Donuts by Life Tastes Good
- Coconut Eggnog Overnight Oats (with homemade eggnog) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Eggnog Scones by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Eggnog Pancakes with Cranberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Eggnog Scones by Feeding Big
- Craig Claiborne’s Eggnog Mousse by Food Lust People Love
- Easy Eggnog Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Eggnog Crème Anglaise by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Eggnog Panna Cotta with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Tramplingrose
- Eggnog Pudding Parfaits by Pies and Plots
- Healthy Eggnog Rice Pudding by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Eggnog Ice Cream by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.