I took creamy brie and paired it with luscious strawberries in these mini grilled cheese sandwiches. Strawberry Brie Grilled Cheese Bites are the perfect little snack for your loved one.
So, do you remember when I said I had this thing with fresh fruit and brie? Really? It was just a couple of days ago. And I thought MY memory was bad. Well, I said it in this post here. It was my first recipe for #FreshTastyValentines where 22 bloggers are putting together some amazing #FreshTastyValentines recipes for you to cook up for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day.
Camilla over at Culinary Adventures with Camilla rounded us bloggers up along with some SUPER generous sponsors for this delicious event. So, make sure you show her some mad love and comment on her recipes. And don’t forget to enter the giveaway in this post.
For months now, I’ve been obsessed with finding Florida strawberries. All the ones I could find lately are grown in Mexico. Now, not to discredit those strawberries, but I wanted the deliciously sweet berries that were grown in Plant City, Florida; for selfish reasons. When I finally found them, this idea hit me.
I’m pausing this story for a sponsor highlight. Kitchen IQ has some amazing products. I received this strawberry tool and this V-Etched Better Zester in green. They’re so easy to use and now I can’t imagine life in the kitchen without them! How in the world did I prep strawberries before this handy tool? It cores and slices all in one.
And the zester? So much better than that other plane grater. It has this handy back that catches the zest and measures it for you! AMAZING! And, I just have to shout out about the handy V-Etched Spice Grater I received from them last time Camilla had a Valentine’s Day event. It’s in the front of my spices in the pantry because I use it all the time for nutmeg.
I now return you to your regularly schedule program.
You see, I was walking through the store with these berries in my basket looking for some brie for that other recipe. Then I saw those little finger sandwich loaves. Then it dawned on me; why not make some mini grilled cheese sandwiches with these delicious berries, some creamy brie, and little squares of finger sandwich bread? So, I tried. Really, I did, but all I could find was rye and pumpernickel mini breads. I was SO disappointed that I couldn’t find like a wheat or something else.
So, what to make what to make what to make? I say this to myself often when I can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. I needed a small loaf of bread, but what kind? BAGUETTE! Perfect! I almost bought a whole baguette, but knew we wouldn’t use the whole thing. Thankfully, my grocery sells demi-baguettes! PERFECT.
Now for those of you that will balk at my use of butter and brie in something that’s supposed to be healthy, trust when I say I didn’t use real butter on the bread. The brie doesn’t come low-fat, but the I used either light butter or fat-free butter spray for the bread. This is up to you. Some don’t mind using real butter. I wouldn’t mind either, but the hubs has cholesterol issues, so I always try to use lower fat options when I can.
Doesn’t that just look delicious? I fell in love with these little sandwiches after making them. They were so delicious with the creamy, salty brie, the sweet and juicy strawberries, and the deliciously toasted baguette bread. I thought the bread might be sliced a little too thick, but it was the perfect wrapper for the berries and brie. They were throwing a total party right there in the sandwich and it continued in my mouth. They are addictive. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
You can see how they can easily be so addictive. That brie just wraps itself about those succulent and sweet berries. They’re like brie covered strawberries which are almost like chocolate covered strawberries. Right? You can see it, right? Just me? Okay….
And that’s just a perfect little plate for a little bite of strawberry brie grilled cheese goodness. This recipe makes 6 little sandwiches; which is quite a bit for two people. It’s easily scalable depending on the number of berries, amount of brie, and slices of bread you use. I mean, it’s a grilled cheese. We’ve all scaled up or down depending on our diners at the table.
Now, showing KitchenIQ some love for sending us all amazing products to use in this event. Please do check out their website and make sure to follow them Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Also don’t forget to enter the giveaway in this post to win some of your KitchenIQ products!
- 1/2 loaf baguette bread
- 3 large strawberries, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces brie cheese, rind removed and thinly siced
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Slice the baguette into 12 slices.
- Spread the butter evenly on one side of each slice of bread.
- Stack the buttered sides together and top with a slice of brie, a few slices of strawberries, then another slice of brie.
- Pick up the top piece of bread and place it in the pan. Top with the bottom piece of bread. Toast until light browned and the cheese begins to melt. Flip and continue cooking until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Slice in half and serve.
- Asian Sesame Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Café Terra Blog
- BBG Tangerine Hatch Chile Roasted Cornish Game Hens by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Carrot Pâté Canapés by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cinnamon Bun Oatmeal by Things I Make (for Dinner)
- Envy Aple Rice Pudding by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Filet Mignon with Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce by Cookaholic Wife
- Garlic Sauce Chicken by Tortillas & Honey
- Peruvian Purple Potato Soup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes by Making Miracles
- Strawberry Brie Grilled Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweetheart Strawberry Tarts with Cream Cheese by Famished Fish
- Yuk See Chau Mein by A Day in the Life on the Farm