This Supreme Pizza Strata has all the flavors of delicious supreme pizza in a tasty casserole. Combine the ingredients and allow it to sit overnight before baking to allow the bread to soak up all that delicious pizza flavor.
I have three casserole dishes. Yup. Just three. I’d honestly have more if I had more room to collect antique Pyrex casserole dishes. Honestly, the butterprint and snowflake patters are AWESOME! Just saying….
I use two of the three casserole dishes almost once a week. They get just as much use as my favorite skillet and our slow cooker. With just a little prep work, some sauce, some veggies, and some meat, you can have a delicious meal on the table with very little effort. At least that’s how my casserole dishes go.
Casseroles are the best pot luck dishes and perfect for new parents or grieving families. Since some casseroles can be prepare several days to weeks in advance, you can assemble one on a weekend and drop it off with simple baking instructions for the recipient. Some casseroles can be assembled and then frozen for eating weeks later, which also makes them perfect for preppers.
Preparing a casserole ahead of time can change and enhance the flavor of the ingredients enormously! When a casserole is prepared ahead of time, it truly does allow the ingredients to mingle and get all tasty. This casserole, for instance, is assembled at least one day ahead of time. Preparing it ahead of time gives the bread a chance to absorb the delicious egg, cream, and tomato sauce mixture. It is absorbed into every nook and cranny of your bread of choice allowing it to truly take on a pudding type texture and taste. It also gives the herbs and spices time to flavor the custard mixture, the bread, and the other ingredients.
Casseroles are great for any meal.
There are delicious egg and sausage casserole for breakfast or a brunch. A fun and kid friendly corn dog casserole can be whipped up for lunch. The penultimate casserole of lasagna is perfect for any dinner! YUM! And dessert? Bread pudding, of course!! Casseroles are perfect for any meal and almost any occasion.
There is a casserole for everyone! Honestly, if you search for “casserole recipes” you should get about 7.6 million search results. There’s hamburger, chicken, vegetarian, healthy, easy, Indian, Italian, American, German, bread, pasta, rice, oatmeal, egg; the combinations are endless!! Well, unless you get to the end of the 7.6 million search results. There honestly is a casserole for everyone!
Casseroles are also perfect for leftovers cooking and pantry cooking. Throw a little bit of this and that into a casserole dish with some cream of something soup and voila; dinner is on the table! This casserole has some left over bread, a bit of tomato sauce, the last of the ricotta, a handful of sausage, the last of the pepperoni, some peppers, onions, eggs, cream, and some cheese. It cleaned out a few items I had in the fridge and made a delicious dinner for us!
Oh yeah. Just look at that deliciousness right there! It truly did taste smell and taste like a pizza. I was amazed! It didn’t look like much when I put it in the dish, but as it was cooking, the aroma of pizza started to fill the apartment. Then there was the flavor of the pepperoni with the sausage and cheese along with the tomato based bread pudding. I know this will become a family favorite; it’s become one of mine!
Make sure to see what the rest of the crew cooked up in their ovens this week. There’s a full list of delicious recipes at the bottom of my recipe, so please scroll down and find some other new favorite casserole recipes.
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- 8 ounces canned mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell peppers
- 3 ounces diced turkey pepperoni
- 3 ounces Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fat free mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- The night before, combine the first seven ingredients, bread through Parmesan cheese) in a large mixing bowl and add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Combine the tomato sauce, half and half, egg substitute, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a small mixing bowl.
- Place the bread mixture in a 9 by 13 casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Press the bread mixture down to ensure it is submerged in the egg mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to set overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400. Remove the strata from the refrigerator while the oven preheats. Cover the strata and bake at 400 for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Uncover the strata and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Lightly spray the cheese with cooking spray and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Captivating Breakfast Casseroles
- Boozy Baked French Toast from Brunch with Joy
- Orange & Date Wife Saver Breakfast Casserole from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Spinach, Sausage and Polenta Breakfast Casserole from The Redhead Baker
Appetizing Casserole Sides
- Baked Cauli-Tots Casserole from Cupcake and Kale Chips
- Savory Sweet Potato and Sausage Bread Pudding from Nik Snacks
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Casserole from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Main Event Casseroles
- Artichoke and Spinach Macaroni and Cheese Casserole from Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Italian Sausage from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bison Meatloaf Casserole from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cheesy Chicken Corkscrew Casserole from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cheesy, Creamy, Cauliflower and Sausage Casserole from Eating In Instead
- Chicken Enchiladas from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Ramen Mini Casseroles from The Ninja Baker
- Chicken with Whole Grains Casserole from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chinese Noodle Casserole from Momma’s Meals
- Crab Casserole for Two from Magnolia Days
- Homemade Poppy Seed Chicken from Food Done Light
- Fully Loaded Tater Tot Casserole from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- King Ranch Casserole from The Texan New Yorker
- King Ranch Mac and Cheese from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Ziti with Meatballs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Mexican Lasagna from MealDiva
- Mom’s Taco Casserole from Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Moroccan Polenta Casserole from Pancake Warriors
- Moussaka from Nosh My Way
- Neeps & Tatties Casserole from Happy Baking Days
- Quick No Boil Tuna Pasta Bake from Mess Makes Food
- Sausage Peppers and Onion Pasta Casserole from Family Foodie
- Southwestern Spaghetti Pie from The Messy Baker
- Cheesy, Layered Italian Pasta Torta from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Stove-top Four Cheese Mac and Cheese from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Supreme Pizza Strata from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet Corn and Green Chile Chicken Tamale Pie from Simply Healthy Family
- Taco Casserole from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Decadent Dessert and Sweet Casseroles
- Baked Lemon Dessert from Food Lust People Love
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from Pies and Plots
- Butterscotch Bread Pudding from The Foodie Army Wife
- Classic Apple Crisp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Ultimate Deep Dish Brownies from Recipe for Perfection
- Vegan Oreo Rice Krispie Treats from Killer Bunnies, Inc.