Delicious DuClaw Brewery Naked Fish Chocolate Raspberry Stout is the star in these fudgy, chocolate brownies swirled with raspberry cheesecake topping. Swirled Raspberry Stout Brownies will surprise your loved one with their delicious raspberry stout flavor.
Okay. I’m going to blow your mind in saying this but here goes.
Ditch the wine this Valentine’s Day.
Yup. That’s right. I said it. Drink beer. While this beer has the appearance of a regular stout beer, this is not just ANY stout beer. This is Chocolate Raspberry Stout beer. This is beer that’s brewed with Goldings hops, Caramunich and chocolate malts, plus deliciously roasted barley. Oh yeah, and there’s chocolate raspberry coffee. All of these ingredients combine to make the most amazing roasted malt, chocolate, and raspberry flavor party in your mouth.
Why and how did this heavenly goodness get created, you ask? Well, brewmaster Jim Wagner; he was angling one morning at his fave fishing hole drinking raspberry coffee and it hit him; like a V8! He immediately went home to brew some up using the exact same coffee he was drinking that morning! And thus, in 2002, this amazing beer was born.
I know. It’s been out for 13 years. I KNOW! I didn’t know about it either!! But, I do now. I will definitely be purchasing many bottles in both the 12 and 22 oz variety available in stores in Maryland, DC, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina to make up for lost time. And not only am I going to drink this luscious libation, I’m going to be incorporating it into some delicious recipes; like this one!
When I received my generous package of this delicious beer, I didn’t taste it right away. I thought about what this beer would enhance, how I could make it shine, and what I would want to taste with this beer. Yup. I did some research. Who wouldn’t?
THEN I opened a bottle and let it sit a minute on the counter. It breathed. Then I breathed in the scintillating aroma of the chocolaty hops, the hint of raspberry and the floral notes from the malts. Yeah, I sound like a beer snob, but I’m really not. AND I could totally be wrong about all of this.
Then I sipped; like I’m tasting wine. I allowed the beer to swirl the outside of my mouth then hit my tongue. And it spoke to me. It had this floral note that was the intro. Then I could taste the chocolate which flowed into the hint of raspberry that tied it all together. Finally, the chocolate malts hit and you get that stout after burn. No, it’s not a burn. It’s an…an…just a stout flavor that, for me, ends all stout beers I drink. But, this beer is BY FAR like any stout I’ve tried.
And then it screamed MAKE BROWNIES. MAKE BROWNIES WITH A RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE SWIRLED TOPPING! So, I did. And they were DELICIOUS! They’re fudgy to bring out the chocolate and the stout. Then there’s the raspberry topping to tie in to those flavors of the beer. They’re delicious!! I almost ate the whole pan delicious.
For more information on DuClaw Brewing Company visit www.duclaw.com, like them on Facebook at Facebook.com/DuClawBeers or follow them on Twitter at @DuClawBrewing.
Delicious DuClaw Brewery #NakedFish Chocolate Raspberry Stout is the star in these fudgy, chocolate brownies swirled with raspberry cheesecake topping. Swirled #NakedFish Stout Brownies will surprise your loved one with their delicious raspberry stout flavor.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Naked Fish Chocolate Raspberry Stout
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe container and heat on high for 30 seconds then stir. If the chocolate still hasn't melted completely, heat at 15 second intervals until completely melted.
- Once melted, beat the chocolate with the butter and sugars until well blended. Add the extract, eggs, and stout and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Combine the next five ingredients (cocoa powder through espresso powder) in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and add the sugar mixture stirring until the ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the raspberry preserves, cream cheese, egg, sugar, and extract until creamy.
- Pour 2/3 of the brownie batter in an 8 x 8 pan coated with cooking spray or covered with parchment paper. Top with the cream cheese mixture, then drop the remaining brownie batter on top of the cream cheese mixture. Using a knife or a skewer, swirl the brownie matter into the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
About DuClaw Brewing Company
DuClaw Brewing Company is a leading craft brewery founded in 1996, and is based in Baltimore, Maryland. The company has released more than 65 unique beers and countless variations and blends, and is available in select liquor stores, restaurants and bars throughout Maryland, DC, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia and Pennsylvania. DuClaw’s state-of-the-art, 60,000 square foot brewing facility produces over 25,000 barrels per year to keep pace with an ever-expanding lineup of specialty brews. DuClaw also operates brewpub restaurants in Arundel Mills, Bel Air, Bowie and Baltimore Washington International Airport that serve its award-winning craft beers on tap. For more information on DuClaw Brewing Company visit www.duclaw.com, like them on Facebook at Facebook.com/DuClawBeers or follow them on Twitter at @DuClawBrewing.
I received promotional consideration by DuClaw Brewing Company for the purposes of this post. All opinions are 100% my own.