With some Texas Bold & Spicy barbecue sauce and rotisserie chicken, this Barbecue Chicken French Bread Pizza will definitely be a crowd pleaser!
So, the other day I told you about the new Heinz BBQ sauces, right? Well, this is the sister post to that recipe. When I first heard about these delicious sauces, I had to run right out and purchase
all the bottles a bottle or two. I was hoping to be able to find Kansas City sauce, but I didn’t. Instead I went for the Texas Bold & Spicy sauce. Cause that’s how I roll – Bold & Spicy! *snort*
Anyway, I’ve been to Texas and they do have a definitively delicious sauce for their ‘cue. I’ve had some in San Antonio, Beaumont, and Corpus Cristi. They were delicious in all three places, but, I hate to say that the Beaumont place we stopped at was amazing. Sadly, this was my former life. But this food memory? It will always be there. The smoke ring, the kicking sauce, the tender brisket. Oh my word – just to.die.for!
So, to say that I “settled” for the Texas sauce over the Kansas City is not even close to reality. All four of these flavors are fabulous in their own right having their own, unique characteristics, flavors, and personalities, if you will. You will not feel like you’ve “settled” on any one that you purchase.
Okay. Enough about these delicious ‘cue sauces.
Those that are avid readers of AKHA will attest to the
food hoarder non-food waste person that I am. Which is totally true. The hubs will look at me like I’m off my rocker when I vacuum seal the left over boneless wings we got for dinner sometimes when we order in. To be honest, we order 16 and eat maybe half of them. Which leaves another 8 wings untouched for other recipes. Come on. Tell me I’m not alone in this!!
So, there were these wings in the fridge just begging to be made into something deliciously tasty and re-purposed. What’s a food blogger to do? Heck, what’s anyone to do? MAKE FRENCH BREAD PIZZA, of course. Hello? It’s the most delicious, quick, and family friendly way to use up ingredients you have laying around. For me, it was those wings, some cheese, and a chance to try out the new barbecue sauce.
Oh yeah baby. Just look at that pizza!! You can see the red onions peeking out there, the chicken, the cheddar, cheese and all that spicy good Texas Bold & Spicy barbecue sauce. I can’t believe I’ve never made a barbecue chicken pizza before. But, I’m sort of glad I haven’t because I wouldn’t have wanted to make a mediocre pizza with just any ole’ barbecue sauce. This Heinz Texas Bold & Spicy is the perfect sauce for this pizza.
What’s your favorite barbecue sauce? Have you ever used it on a pizza?
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut the loaf of bread in half and then cut the two pieces in half horizontally.
- Spread 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce on each piece of bread. Sprinkle with a handful of cheese before dividing the chicken, onions, and bell peppers evenly between the four pieces of bread.
- Top with the remaining cheese before drizzling the remaining barbecue sauce over the top of each piece of bread.
- Bake at 450 until the cheese is melted and bubble and the bread is golden brown. Serve with your favorite coleslaw.
Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- Barbecue Chicken French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken ala King by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crispy Baked Chicken Taquitos by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Maftoul – Palestinian Chicken and Couscous by Pandemonium Noshery
- White Chicken Enchiladas by Cheese Curd In Paradise