Brie, Apple & Almond Phyllo Cups have crispy phyllo cups vessels that carries creamy brie, sweet apples, and crunchy almonds drizzled with honey for your unexpected guests. I’m sharing a simple and quick appetizer recipe from Lemoine Family Kitchen.
So, this is round 4 for me with the #FreakyFriday group. “What’s #FreakyFriday” you ask? Well, it’s hosted by Michaela from An Affair of the Heart. There are 16 bloggers participating in the event this month. It’s kind of like SRC, if you’re not new to my blog. If you are, well, here’s the 411.
Each blogger who signs up is assigned a blog from another participant. Like me, for instance. I was assigned Lemoine Family Kitchen. Once you receive your assigned blog, you get to go through their recipes and pick something you want to cook. Since I found the most amazing, creamy brie at the grocery, and have a stash of a couple of amazing applies, I knew these Brie, Apple & Almond Phyllo Cups were going on the menu! Then, once you cook up your selected recipe, you post about on the #FreakyFriday; telling everyone about their wonderful blog, what you found out, and how delicious their recipe was!
It took me almost forever to find a recipe to make. There are just so many delicious ones on Angela’s blog. Her recipes range from appetizers like this one, to a delicious Summer Corn Salad, to Dry Rubbed Baby Back Ribs and Chicken Bolognese Over Polenta. Not to mention the desserts! Angela has Strawberry & Cream Napoleons, Caramel Apple Cheesecake, and Italian Fig Cookies. Like I said, too many choices!
Angela is a Jersey girl with Italian roots. I’m a Kentucky girl with Irish roots. She was accepted to the Institute of Culinary Education. I was on FoodTV? We have nothing in common except for the fact that we love to cook and serve good food to our loved ones. She bypassed the culinary route so she could have an amazing family! If I had the choice, I know I would, too. Especially if I sat down to the table with some of her delicious food.
It takes me back to growing up and having those fabulous Sicilian New York neighbors and the most delicious Italian food I’ve eaten. Short of going to Italy, I don’t think I ever will have again. I imagine that’s sort of what like dinner could be like at Angela’s house. Especially if she makes a pot of the Bucatini with Sausage & Kale or Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Rosemary Garlic Butter.
So, with all this Italian goodness, why these brie bundles? Because I found a creamy brie and was just screaming, “Make something with me now!” So, I found these bundles and decided they were the perfect recipe to make with this brie. The crispy phyllo, the sweet apples, and the creamy brie was amazing together. Then you top it with some crunchy almonds and holy party in your mouth. Seriously. I don’t think I could make these fast enough. The hubs and I were just nibbling away on them.
Just look at how creamy, crunchy delicious these cups are! So, y’all know I love my phyllo dough, right? And y’all know how much I love my brie, right? Then you knew this recipe was a no brainer for me. Especially since I did find extra creamy brie at the grocery store. It’s not the typical President I get. It was something new and different. And, well, I had to try it! Duh. It’s brie!!
There a few brie recipes on Angela’s blog, but this one with the phyllo, the apples, the almonds, and the honey were just what my taste buds were screaming for. It was either that or the bundles with the fig jam, but I can never find fresh figs here. I’ve looked. Trust me on that one. They just haven’t turned up where I can find them. So, I went with these crunchy babies instead.
These Brie, Apple & Almond Phyllo Cups are so simple to make. If you have the premade cups they take literally NO TIME to make. Imagine your most critical family member or neighbor drops by unexpectedly and you whip up a batch of these to serve. I bet they would be surprised!! They have such elegant stage presence for such a quick and easy recipe.
They’re so tasty, simple, and made with just a few ingredients. You can easily prepare a large batch for a party or event. They will definitely be served at our next party or dinner. If you’d like to see more of Angela’s delicious, family friendly recipes, please follow her blog or follow her on Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram and like her page on Facebook.
Now, be sure to check out what the rest of the #FreakyFriday group cooked up and whose blogs they were assigned this time!!
Brie, Apple & Almond Phyllo Cups have crispy phyllo cups vessels that carries creamy brie, sweet apples, and crunchy almonds drizzled with honey for your unexpected guests. For this summer edition of #FreakyFriday, I’m sharing a simple and quick appetizer recipe from Lemoine Family Kitchen.
For the phyllo cups
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup melted butter
For the brie bites
- 6 ounces brie, diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced apple
- 2 to 3 tablespoons toasted almond slivers
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on your work surface and brush with butter. Place another sheet of phyllo dough on top and brush with butter. Continue until all 6 sheets are stacked and brushed with butter.
- Cut the dough with a sharp knife until 12 equal pieces.
- Carefully press each of the 12 pieces into a muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before placing a few pieces of apple into each shell. Top with brie and sprinkle with almonds.
- Place the shells back into the oven and bake at 350 for an additional 6-8 minutes or until the phyllo is golden brown and the brie is melted.
- Drizzle with honey before serving.
- Bahn Mi Inspired Slow Cooker Steak Sandwiches by Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish
- Baked Brie With Fresh Peach and Blueberry Compote by LeMoine Family Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumb Cake & Cream Cheese Lemon Twist by Platter Talk
- Brie, Apple & Almond Phyllo Cups by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Cake by Aunt Bee’s Recipes
- Cranberry Pinwheels by Cooking on a Budget
- Garlic Artichoke Cheese Toasts by Take Two Tapas
- Greek Marinade with Yogurt by Full Belly Sisters
- Green Chile Turkey Joes by Big Rigs ‘n Lil Cookies
- Man Bars by The Devilish Dish
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars by Pic Nic
- Pico de Gallo by Tampa Cake Girl
- Sweet Crepes with Summer Fruits by An Affair From the Heart
- Tortellini Caprese Salad by Who Needs a Cape?
- Tzatziki Sauce by A Dish of Daily Life