Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad uses leftover Buffalo rotisserie chicken to make a deliciously quick and spicy weeknight dinner, but you could use any boneless and skinless chicken you have available.
There’s no arguing that rotisserie chicken is delicious. But sometimes there’s leftover rotisserie chicken. And that leftover chicken is a great way to make two meals from one chicken.
What are some great ways to use leftover rotisserie chicken?
Enchiladas are tops on my list. Leftover chicken is perfect in enchiladas. Toss the chicken with some green chiles, cream cheese or sour cream, and some Cheddar. Roll up in a tortilla, top with enchilada sauce, and bake. Simple and easy green chile chicken enchiladas make for a delicious dinner served with beans and rice.
Pizza is another great way to use leftover rotisserie chicken. French bread pizza makes for a quick and easy dinner, too. Barbecue chicken French bread pizza is super simple and uses basic ingredients. I made a chicken pot pie French bread pizza. It was creamy and delicious. And packed with cheese!
Of course, chicken salad or chicken grilled cheese sandwiches are also a great option. Adding in crunch from pecans and sweetness from apples or grapes makes the chicken salad so tasty. Chicken salad is great for a sandwich or on top of some romaine for a light lunch or dinner. I think I need to make some chicken salad soon.
What does Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad taste like?
Of course, there’s pasta salad. Like this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad. I thought of it after having leftover boneless chicken wings from our local favorite pizza delivery restaurant. Typically, I chop them up and make a tossed salad with the leftover wings. But it occurred to me that they would make a delicious pasta salad, too. With a creamy, Buffalo wing dressing.
This pasta salad not only has leftover rotisserie chicken, but there’s a slew of other delicious ingredients in there. Carrots and celery are a given. But I wanted extra crunch so I added some radishes. And for some reason, any and all pasta salads need to have hard boiled eggs in them. At least mayonnaise based pasta salads. For me anyway. Oh, and I tossed in some crumbled blue cheese, too.
I know there are Buffalo ranch dressings out there. But I always believe that ranch dressing is best made from scratch. So, I picked up a package of Fiesta Dip mix and use it to make the dressing for this salad. It is my favorite dressing/dip and I thought it would be perfect for this salad. I cut the mayo a little and added sour cream, some milk, and some wing sauce to make it a slightly spicy, but delicious dressing for the salad.
Just look at all that tasty goodness in this Buffalo chicken pasta salad!
Celery, carrots, radishes, eggs, blue cheese, pasta, and leftover chicken. YUM! If you don’t have left over chicken in the fridge you can use boneless wings, popcorn chicken, chicken strips. All of these frozen options easily cook up in the air fryer and make this salad easy and delicious. Or you can shred leftover fried or grilled chicken into this pasta salad.
Seriously. Look at all that crunch and flavor in this pasta salad. And the creamy dressing packed with flavor. That’s radiator pasta. It’s a fun pasta for salads like this one. Feel free to use whatever pasta shape you want for your salad. I like penne and wagon wheels. Those are fun, too!
This makes a large amount of pasta salad. It is perfect for a backyard barbecue, pot luck, or even a picnic. This Buffalo chicken pasta salad can easily be a side dish or a main dish. It’s hardy enough to be dinner and light enough with plenty of veggies to be a side dish.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad uses leftover boneless buffalo chicken wings to make a deliciously quick and spicy weeknight dinner, but you could use any boneless and skinless chicken you have available.
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped radish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 3 cups chopped leftover rotisserie chicken (or boneless wings, chicken strips, whatever you have laying around the fridge)
- 6 ounces reduced fat blue cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 1 packet Fiesta Ranch dip mix
- Cook pasta according to package directions and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Combine next 7 ingredients (celery through blue cheese) in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl and allow to sit 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooled, add to the chicken mixture. Add the ranch dressing and toss well to coat.
Amount Per Serving Calories 313Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 116mgSodium 613mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 21g
Repurposed Rotisserie Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- California Chicken Club Wrap from Palatable Pastime
- Chicken Pesto Stuffed Peppers from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Dill Pickle Chicken Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Lemon Chicken Risotto from That Recipe
- White Chicken Enchiladas from Jen Around the World