For those new to my blog, I’m following a personalized eating plan that is low in fat and protein and high in carbs. Yes. High in carbs. And yes, I’m losing weight. Granted, not as fast as I’d like, but I’m getting there. It’s a shift in thinking and eating when making delicious recipes like this one. And yes, you can have low fat and still eat this…this delicious cheesy goodness that is Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake. Not to mention it was pretty easy to make, too.
I don’t know about you, but I’m addicted to cheese.
It’s like kryptonite for me. I can’t resist it when I’m around it, so, when I’m around it, it has to be low fat or fat free from now on or else I will totally cheese binge. No RF or FF cheese doesn’t taste like cardboard. Yes, it melts with a little help. I’ll get to that in a minute.
You can’t tell me you’re not drooling. Just look at all that cheese! It’s the perfect mix of ricotta, cottage cheese, and mozzarella. This is one of those dishes where I was PSYCHED to have it for lunch the next day. And it all came together in about 10 minutes or so? Seriously. It was that EASY! We had it on Wednesday for dinner. Happy Hump Day to us!
If you can open a jar of sauce, boil some pasta, and sauté some chicken, you’re golden. Yes, I used jar sauce. Maybe, when we get a house, I can be organized enough to make and freeze my own marinara. Or maybe can some? With a garden we can have? That produces hundreds of pounds of tomatoes every yea? I know, I’m dreaming. A girl’s gotta have a dream ya know?
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup park-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and saute 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions omitting additional salt and fat. Drain and toss with the chicken breast, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 by 13 casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving with crusty bread.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 438Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 82mgSodium 1081mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 5gSugar 10gProtein 46g