Necessity is the mother of invention. Needing a quick and easy Saturday dinner so we wouldn’t be tempted to order in, I cooked up this delicious Chicken & Broccoli Skillet Pasta Alfredo in no time flat!
We usually order in on Fridays. Because, I mean, who really wants to cook after a long week of work. I know *I* don’t and S surely doesn’t either. It’s supposed to be the one night we have off from cooking. Except on Saturdays, when we get lazy or I forget to plan something quick and easy to make for dinner.
One would think that since it’s Saturday, we would have time to cook, just like Sunday, but sometimes we don’t. We’re off galavanting through the countryside looking for bargain steals on antiques or outlet malls. We’re non-discriminatory in our steal searches.
So, yeah. We get lazy in cooking on Saturday. This is seriously sabotaging my efforts at trying to lose weight. One night, I can recover from that, but two? And, well, I have no filter to tell myself to stop shoving food into my mouth. I mean, it tastes good! Who wouldn’t want to just keep eating one queso covered chip after another?
It’s almost absolutely necessary to plan 5 quick and easy meals and one #SundaySupper meal. It’s also absolutely necessary that I remember to remove the protein from the freezer so we can make the quick meal on Saturday. Yes. My brain is a sieve.
Luckily for me, I remembered to remove the chicken from the freezer for this delicious Saturday night dish. And you can see how we devoured it! Because it was
I’m not just saying that because I created it. It truly was delicious. The chicken was perfectly tender and juice which paired with the crispy broccoli all wrapped into a low fat and creamy Alfredo sauce tossed with pasta. What about that is not to love? I bet even your pickiest of eaters will wolf this one down. My mother always said, “Put cheese sauce on anything and you’ll eat it!”
Not to mention healthy for you!! It’s low fat, hearty, delicious, and has broccoli in it. AND it can be on the table in under 30 minutes. WIN WIN!
So, to keep your cheese monster at bay, make this for dinner. It definitely curbed my cravings for things slathered in cheese.
Necessity is the mother of invention. Needing a quick and easy Saturday dinner so we wouldn't be tempted to order in, I cooked up this delicious Chicken & Broccoli Skillet Pasta Alfredo in no time flat!
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- '2 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- 2/3 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions omitting the salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Preheat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute 2 to 3 minutes, or until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the chicken to the onions and brown well before adding the broccoli. Sprinkle with the garlic salt and pepper before adding the half and half. Cook until the half and half is heated before adding the Parmesan cheese.
- Simmer 1 to 2 minutes before adding the pasta. Stir well to combine and simmer until the pasta is heated through.