Chicken Pumpkin Curry is rich, comforting, and full of curry flavor your guests will enjoy!
Did you see all the delicious recipes yesterday for the start of #PumpkinWeek? If not, why not? Holy crow they were delicious. Obviously, there’s several that are going on the menu this fall. So much pumpkin comfort and goodness.
Today, I’m serving up some delicious pumpkin comfort goodness. Chicken Pumpkin Curry is certainly full of flavor. It’s like a bowl of fall with tender pumpkin, hearty chicken, and rice to absorb all that curry broth.
The first year I did #PumpkinWeek, I made some curried pumpkin hummus. I’m still not sure why I automatically go with curry when I think of pumpkin in a savory way. I just do.
And I’m okay with that.
Pumpkin is one of those perfect ingredients that can surprisingly go either way. It can be sweet or savory. When pumpkin is savory it is rich and delicious. Pumpkin enhances any soup or stew. Hence the chili I shared with you yesterday.
Surprisingly, there are many cultures that cook with pumpkin in their soups and stews. Which, for some, might be a surprising shock. However, I know some people have only had pumpkin in sweet recipes or food. And, I sort of feel bad for those people. It’s surprising that they haven’t branched out and tried a savory recipe with pumpkins.
I think that’s why, for #PumpkinWeek, I definitely cook savory recipes with pumpkin. It’s my way of showcasing how delicious pumpkin can be outside of pies, donuts, cookies, and scones. And, I still don’t know why, I usually take it to curry.
Pumpkin and curry just seem to go well in my head.
And just look at this Chicken Pumpkin Curry. It’s hearty, delicious, slightly spicy (which you can adjust), and full of rib sticking comfort. Then, you pour it over some rice. The rice absorbs all that rich, curry broth and makes it even more delicious. Rice always allows you to extend your recipe to feed a family of 4 plus.
It would be perfect if you made basmati or jasmine rice. To me, it smells like popcorn cooking. I’ve said that at work and they’ve looked at me like I was a lunatic. Please, tell me it’s not just me? Doesn’t basmati or jasmine rice smell like popcorn to you? No? Just me?
I don’t know about you, but I love curry. I think I could eat curries, masalas, and dals at least once if not more a week! The hubs doesn’t share my sentiment for this delicious cuisine. I’ve ordered a subscription box a few times with Indian food and recipes. Those meals get devoured! Completely and totally devoured so there are no left overs for lunch. That part sucks.
So, needless to say, I was thoroughly excited to make Chicken Pumpkin Curry for dinner the other night. The kitchen had the intoxicating aroma of the curry cooking. I couldn’t wait for it the chicken to finish cooking because I was hungry and ready to eat!
And the aroma was just making my hangry worse.
Either way you serve it up, pumpkin is a great ingredient in whatever you make. But I have to ask, have you made something savory with pumpkin? If you haven’t, would you?
Be sure to see what the rest of the bloggers are serving up today for #PumpkinWeek!
Here are today’s #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Pumpkin Drink Recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup from The Nifty Foodie
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
- Blackened Steak Tacos with Roasted Pumpkin, Sweet Corn and Red Bean Salsa from Bacon Fatte
- Chicken and Pumpkin Curry from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pumpkin Beer Bread Pudding from Forking Up
- Pumpkin Habanero Salsa from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Pumpkin Risotto with Garlic and Sage from Making Miracles
- Pumpkin Sausage Mac and Cheese from Daily Dish Recipes
- Pumpkin Sausage Skillet Dinner from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Walnut Sage Pierogi from The Crumby Kitchen
- Savory Pumpkin Sage Biscuits from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Sweet Pumpkin Recipes:
- Healthy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins from Feeding Big
- Maple Pumpkin Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pumpkin Chess Pie from The Spiffy Cookie
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins with a Pecan Oat Crumble from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Cream Puffs from Mildly Meandering
- Pumpkin Dump Cake from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Pumpkin-Nut Crumble Cake from Hardly A Goddess
- Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip from An Affair from the Heart
- Stuffed Pumpkin Cupcakes from The Freshman Cook
- Whipped Pumpkin Pie Honey Butter from Love and Confections.
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Biscotti from The Redhead Baker