Cottage Cheese and Pinto Bean Salsa is inspired by A Dish of Daily Life’s Cottage Cheese Salsa with Black Beans. It’s cool and creamy salsa that will surprise and delight your family and guests.
Yes, dear readers, it’s that time again! It’s time for #FreakyFriday! “What’s #FreakyFriday” you ask? Well, it’s hosted by Michaela from >An Affair of the Heart. There are 10 bloggers participating in the event this month. If you are new to my blog, welcome! Here’s the 411 on #FreakyFriday.
Each blogger who signs up is assigned a blog from another participant. Like me, for instance. I was assigned >A Dish of Daily Life. Once you receive your assigned blog, you get to go through their recipes and pick something you want to cook. I had many contenders this round, but since I’m team cottage cheese her >Cottage Cheese Salsa with Black Beans won out.
I met Michele while participating in the >Pincentive Program. It was a round up with other bloggers and each blogger pinned a certain number of posts each week. It was rather interesting, but I think it ended suddenly. It’s been so long ago I can’t remember.
Then she reached out to me to see if I wanted to do a similar link up type situation. We called it Foodie Friday, then we added DIY and crafts so it changed to >Food FriDIY. There were 4 of us at the start, then it was just us two, then one or two more came back on. That all ended in late 2016 which I’m sort of glad, but also sort of sad. I miss the weekly communication and chatting.
I have learned so much from Michelle. She has definitely helped in more ways than she can imagine. I remember her asking me questions and I’m like, “I have no idea what that is.” Especially when it came to Google analytics. At one point, I just gave up and I think I gave her rights to view my dashboard. I was so clueless.
I still want to take a GA course, though. Know any good ones that aren’t a small fortune?
Michelle has so many delicious recipes. From her >Italian sausage bowtie pasta to her >crab Imperial appetizer, A Dish of Daily Life has so many recipes to choose from. It really made by job as a #FreakyFriday participant very difficult. And, well, it’s burger month, so I was tempted by these >Lebanses kafta burgers.
You see what I mean? And don’t get me started one her desserts.
Since I’ve been team cottage cheese I was looking for a cottage cheese recipe. I’ve been riding that wave of popularity for cottage cheese again. Actually, it was never unpopular to me. Ever. I grew up eating it and still love it to this day.
That might be why I found myself with three containers of that cheesy goodness. Yes. I said three containers of cottage cheese. So you can see why I wanted to make a cottage cheese recipe. I stumbled on her cottage cheese salsa with black beans. I had that tab over for several weeks and it just kept calling my name.
So, it only made sense that when the craving for tacos came up again, I made it. And even the hubs liked it!! Which I was surprised to find out because I didn’t even think he liked cottage cheese. Shocker!
It’s a rather interesting combination of flavors, for sure. The cool, creamy cottage cheese, the spicy salsa, the rich avocado, and then the hearty black beans all combine to make a fun and unique salsa.
Yes, I know those aren’t black beans. I had pinto beans and thought I’d give those a try. And those red sprinkles? Not onions. Those are diced bits of radish for extra crunch. I think we devoured half the bowl before dinner even started. It was that good.
So, if you’re looking for an interesting and different salsa that will blow your family or your guest’s minds, then try A Dish of Daily Life’s cottage cheese salsa with black beans or my cottage cheese and pinto bean salsa. Either one is delicious.
And if salsa isn’t on the menu, then head over to >her site for more delicious recipes! While you’re there, make sure to follow her on >Facebook, >Twitter, >Instagram, and >Pinterest. She’s got delicious pictures for her delicious recipes.
I’ll just leave that little bowl of colorful flavor right there for you. Be sure to see what the other #FreakyFriday bloggers cooked up from their selected blogs this round.
- 1 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup canned pinto beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup jarred salsa (your favorite!)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 2 tablespoons finely diced radish
- Place the cottage cheese in a fine mesh strainer and allow to strain 5 minutes.Spread the cottage cheese into a bowl.
- Combine the pinto beans with the garlic salt, cumin, and chili powder. Stir to combine. Place the pinto beans on top of the cottage cheese.
- Top with the salsa, avocado, green onions, and radish. Serve with tortilla chips.
- A Dish of Daily Life – Korean BBQ Chicken Skewers
- An Affair from the Heart – Everything Bagel Dip
- A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures – Cottage Cheese and Pinto Bean Salsa
- Bacon Fatte – No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- Bowl Me Over – Best Enchilada Sauce
- Hostess at Heart – Rhubarb Oat Muffins
- LeMoine Family Kitchen – Brown Sugar Jalapeño Bacon
- Life Currents – French Onion Tart
- Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Tuscan Pork Sheet Pan Dinner
- Mildly Meandering – Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Seduction in the Kitchen – Caprese Tortellini Skewers
- Take Two Tapas – Mexican Beer Cheese Skillet
- West Via Midwest – Reuben Totchos
- Who Needs a Cape? – Raspberry Daiquiri Pie