With #Choctoberfest upon us, I’m sharing over 15 delicious chocolate recipes from some of my favorite bloggers. There are both sweet and savory versions to please your palette.
It seems like time really does fly lately. I can’t believe #Choctoberfest is here already! Of course, it doesn’t help that I signed up for three back to back week long events, then was “off” a week, and then #Choctoberfest. I have two more coming up in December that I need to prepare for, too.
What in the world was I thinking?
All the while trying to find a new job because after 8 years as a federal employee, they’ve decided we all need to be permanent, but oh by the way you can’t have any supervisors. At least that’s what I’ve been told. *shrugs*
Anyway, I’ve been busy to put it mildly. Busy in life and busy in blogging, which I guess is a good thing. I had hit a slump because I was just so stressed with worth. Which I still am, but now in a different way. Hopefully, the lead I got on Friday will pan out and I will have a job soon.
But that’s not what this post is about! It’s about #Choctoberfest! This is event with over 100 bloggers sharing chocolate recipes today through Saturday. BUT that’s not all!! Oh yes! There’s more! There are several prizes that will be giving away at the end of this event. Make sure you enter to win!
In honor of #Choctoberest, I thought I’d share some of my favorite delicious chocolate recipes.
We’ve all had those luxurious strawberries covered in semi-sweet chocolate. Well, I turned those into delicious chocolate covered strawberry cookies!
Who says delicious chocolate recipes have to be sweet all the time? Try my chocolate grilling rub and you will forever be changed and think of all the ways you could add chocolate to your favorite savory recipes.
Of course, I had to throw in these delicious chocolate peanut butter cookies. An homage to the early days with the hubs! Ah those fun times in Cleveland.
I don’t have enough cake recipes on my blog. I’m convinced of that now. However, I do have these delicious chocolate raspberry stout cupcakes with Irish cream buttercream. The raspberry stout makes the cupcakes super delicious!
One of my favorite delicious chocolate recipes! And apparently it’s one of Pinterest’s, too! Espresso mocha macaron with salted dark chocolate filling is a hit! They have an intoxicating espresso aroma but doesn’t pack a huge coffee flavored punch like you’d expect.
I still drool over these hazelnut chocolate filled baked donuts. They are so delicious sweet with that hint if hazelnut in the spread. And with a brioche based dough you know they’re tender and sweet.
Another one of my favorite macaron recipes. The coconut chips in these German chocolate cake macaron shells make all the difference in the world!
Need an afternoon pick me up!? Try this homemade chocolate energy bark. Yes. I made chocolate. And it was delicious!
Surprise your dinner guests and bring this salame al cioccolato out for dessert. Not, it’s not part of a cheese and fruit plate. Well, it could be. This salame is made with chocolate, nuts, and dried fruits for fun holiday delicious chocolate recipes.
Chocolate Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies are the best of both chocolate and gingerbread crinkle cookies in one. They’re rich with chocolate with the surprise of homemade gingerbread spice.
I don’t even know what to say about chocolate deviled eggs. I’ve never tried them, but you can bet I will now! Thank you Spiffy Cookie!
This Chocolate Walnut Babka recipe from Karen’s Kitchen Stories involves a vanilla and cinnamon brioche-style dough filled with a chocolate and walnut filling.
We are starting with a #Choctoberfest prize pack from our generous sponsors. Scroll down to learn how you can enter to win. One lucky winner will receive the following:
- A 100-Piece Cake Decorating Kit from our blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen. This set includes a cake turntable, piping bags, piping tips, flower nozzles, scrapers, and more.
- An Instant Pot and a 40-Pound Case of Granulated Sugar from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar. Imperial Sugar provides high-quality sugar and sweetener products and over 100 years of time-tested recipes. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial Sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations.
- Coconut Oil and Chocolate Silk Greens from our silver sponsor Barlean’s, your trusted source for chocolaty goodness super food nutrition. Barlean’s has a commitment to staying ahead of the innovation curve in providing the absolute highest quality product.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Forte Chocolates. You’ll receive 12 of their most popular chocolate bars. With Forte Chocolates, you can celebrate life through chocolate. They also have a line of chocolate developed specifically to use in savory recipes.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Divine Chocolate. You’ll receive one of each of their baking bars, a white chocolate bar, and their top 5 everyday bars. Divine Chocolate is the only Fairtrade chocolate company in the world that is owned by cocoa farmers. Their baking bars are also a delicious vegan option.
- A Selection of Sprinkles from our silver sponsor Sprinkle Pop. Sprinkle Pop’s bespoke sprinkle creations are one of a kind, just like you! At Sprinkle Pop, you can also order a custom sprinkle mix; there isn’t a sprinkle mix that you can dream up that they can’t create.
That’s a prize pack worth over $400! Open worldwide, except where prohibited. Must be 18+ to enter (21+ in some locations). See terms and conditions for more details.