Turn a simple and easy thumbprint cookie into Eyeball Thumbprint Cookies! Filled with cherry jam and topped with large candy eyes for a fun Halloween treat.
This recipe and the giveaway included in this post is sponsored by Wilton, Adams Extract, and Dixie Crystals as part of #HalloweenTreatsWeek. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures possible.
Yup! This is the third week event in a row. I’m about to die. But in all honesty, #HalloweenTreatsWeek is a super fun event and makes me step out of my comfort zone to make Halloween themed sweets and treats. It’s a holiday I love, but not one that I usually make recipes for. This event pushes me to do that and that’s why I love participating in it.
I’m going to confess that I have not made a single recipe for this event until yesterday. No, I’m not kidding. I knew what I was going to make but hadn’t planned my time well enough to make things ahead of time. Hence why I’m about to die. LOL
That’s why all my recipes this week are pretty easy!
Yes, that includes these cookies and the macaron. Macaron aren’t that difficult to make. I promise. Of course, I say that and mine didn’t come out so picture perfect this weekend. Maybe I’ll try another half batch later in the week. We’ll see how that goes.
But these eyeball thumbprint cookies are super easy to make! And it’s a small batch that makes about 22 or so cookies. Which is always perfect for us. We don’t need a couple dozen cookies to nibble on. I mean, we’ll have PLENTY of cookies to eat a little later in the season. Stay tuned for THAT event.
It took me about 10 minutes to whip up the batter. Then I took everything in the living room and sat on the couch with TV trays to make the indentations and drop the cherry jam in the center. My legs, feet, and knees were creaming at me by this time, so I needed a sit down.
While they were cooking in the oven I worked on another recipe for this event. I’m aiming for 6 this week. Of course, I aimed for 6 last week and just didn’t make it. It was a rough week for me. Something about trying to work 42 hours a week that’s been messing with me.
Staying an extra half hour isn’t ideal because then I have to wait 45 minutes for another train. Getting there 30 minutes earlier means I have to go to bed earlier which gives me fewer days in the week to see the hubs.
So not ideal.
I mean, it’s bad enough as it is. Maybe I get to see him and spend quality time with him one weekend and one or two evenings a week? For some, they’d be thrilled with that. But I, on the other hand, love my husband. Even though for the most part I’m sitting here typing a blog post or editing photos and he’s playing a game on his him. We’re together.
There’s no one person doing it all. Because when I get home from work having to walk the dogs and make dinner and prepare the coffee and put leftovers away and do dishes really starts to wear on a person.
That’s why I pick the day that he works to get most of the recipes for events like this cooked or baked and photographed. Mostly edited. Sometimes I write a post but usually not. I do my best writing on the way home from work on the train. I have no idea why. I just do.
Maybe it’s because I hear people talk NONSTOP at work and it’s my way of talking to people. Because, while I hear people talk, very few of them stop by and chat with me. There’s three?
Then again, I’m not heading to people’s offices for a chat because I’m eyeball (no pun intended) deep in downloading data from the system and building a database.
Unless you want to talk about food. I tell everyone I’m an introvert until you want to talk about food, and I’ll be a extrovert every time. I love to talk about food! I love to share food like these eyeball thumbprint cookies. However, these aren’t going to work. They taste too good to go to work. The cherry jam and slightly sweet cookies are perfectly paired.
And the eyeballs are super cute!
Make sure you enter the giveaway at the end of this post. There’s several prize packages you could win. And while you’re down there, see what the rest of the bloggers shared for the first day of #HalloweenTreatsWeek!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the butter and powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until creamy.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract and cherry flavoring and stir until combined.
- Add the flour and stir with the paddle attachment until the flour is incorporated being careful not to over mix the dough.
- Form 1 inch wide balls from the dough.
- Using a measuring teaspoon, press the center of the balls of dough to make the wells for the jam.
- Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and place the large candy eyeballs in the center of the cherry jam.
- Cool completely before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 22 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 163Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 39mgSodium 76mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 2g
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Fudge from Fake Ginger
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Potato Eyes from Pastry Chef Online
- Monster Munch Chex Party Mix from I am a Honey Bee
- Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Caramel Sprinkle Baked Donuts from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly Popcorn Balls from Our Good Life
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cake Pops from Jen Around the World
- Zombie Chocolate Donuts from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Black Cauldron Bubbly Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Boolicious Caramel Chocolate Covered Fruit from Everyday Eileen
- Jack-o-Lantern Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Monster Marshmallows from Shockingly Delicious
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Mummy Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Sally’s Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Eyeball Thumbprint Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eye of Newt Halloween Wands from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfait from Desserts Required
- Halloween No Bake Cheesecake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Dipped Ice Cream Cones from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Soup with Savory Spices and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Nancie’s Table
- Halloween Stuffed Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Death by Chocolate Dessert Ball from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Jack o Lantern Bundt Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Frankenstein Cupcake Cake from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Truffle Pumpkin Spider Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Spooky Sprinkled Brownies from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Candy Charcuterie Board from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Sugar Skull Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Mummy Meringue Pops from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Hidden Bat Loaf Cat from Savory Moments
- Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Corn Chip Dessert Bars from Intelligent Domestications
- Oogie Boogie Meringue Cupcakes from A Blender Mom
- Smores Ghost Brownies from Books n’ Cooks
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouse is giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.