Foodie FriDIY – In Honor of Cherry Pie Day
I finally had a snow day! Granted, I didn’t spend as much time in the kitchen as I had hoped, but I DID get all my Stephen Kind books unpacked.
Yes. I’m one of THOSE fans. I hope to have a hard back of every book he’s ever written. And please, don’t stereotype. He’s not all blood and gore like Cujo or Firestarter. Try reading The Eyes of the Dragon of Bag of Bones and even The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. None of those have the blood and guts and gore you come to expect with Stephen King. Plus, I own a personalized, autographed and well read copy of Four Past Midnight. There’s a story there. Maybe I’ll tell it sometime.
Anyway, I unpacked and put away all the books I have, which, apparently, is less than I thought. But I have more cookbooks than I thought; two shelves. How did that happen? No, I’m not a collector of those books, just Stephen King. I mean, a girl can’t have TOO many collections, can she?
If you haven’t been following the Facebook group, you really should! We have daily promotion threads. Today it was Goole+ and Yummly. G+ is the new Facebook and Yummly is the new Ziplist. Then there’s Twitter, Pinterest, etc. There’s all kinds of ways to get your posts out there.
So, please sign up for our Facebook group. It’s a great way to not only find new blogs to follow and see some cool ideas, but a good way to get to know your neighbors so to speak.
We are a community of like-minded bloggers who are just trying to make a name (or a living) for ourselves. Every little bit of exposure helps us all and builds a sense of friendship and community! So, please do head over there and request an invite, check it out, and help your family grow!
Another way to help us all grow is the new Pinterest board. Just click on the link, fill out the form, and happy pinning! We would LOVE to see what you’re pinning.
Another way to help y’all grow is the new and improved Features and Favorites board. Not only are the hosts pinning their features, but also their favorites. What’s the dif? Some of us do a round up (guilty) of recipes and DIY. By enhancing the Pinterest board, we can pin what we LOVED but didn’t feature. We hope you see something you can’t live without and repin, comment, or just like what you see. The more interaction, the more exposure, the more traffic, the more money, etc. MORE! MORE! MORE!
Okay, enough talk! Let’s get to the party!!
To help this fabulous party grow, please place a button on your sidebar or somewhere in your link up post so people can see that you’re partying with us at #FoodieFriDIY.
Since Friday is Cherry Pie Day, I thought I’d highlight some cherry recipes and crafts from last week.
- I am dying to make this Almond Cherry Loaf from Jenn’s Random Scraps. How amazing does this look?
- These eggs looks amazing! I know, they’re not cherries, but they’re a cherry of a craft! I don’t have any Ukranian roots, but I’m loving these Ukranian Eggs from Daily Holiday Blog.
- When I was in Bosnia, I had Cherry Rakja. It was amazing. It looks just like this Cherry Cheesecake Martini from Cooking with Curls.
- I love how creative and festive these Baked Cherry Donuts with Cherry Glaze and Fruity Pebbles Topping look. The flavor and crunch alone sound fabulous!
- As usual, Winnie hasn’t disappointed! Her Chocolate Torte Filled with Cherries and Whipped Cream Coating looks fabulous decadent!
- Flavor Mosaic is serving up some scrumptious Cherry Cheesecake Brownies. I just want to lick my screen they look so amazing.
And now…on to the party!