Hasta Luego Colombia!

Sharing is caring!

I am finally home!   YAY!  I had set my alarm for 5:30 since I had already packed and showered the night before.  All I needed to do this morning was throw my jammies in the my luggage, brush my teeth, wash my face, put my toiletries bag in the suitcase and then pack up whatever was left laying around that I forgot.

So, here’s what 2 weeks worth of unused Sofitel products look like:

Yes, yes that is 19 bars of soap, 6 bottles of shower gel, 10 bottles of lotion, 9 bottles of shampoo, 8 bottles of conditioner, 6 chocolates, and one travel kit with pre-threaded needles.  I used some of the shower gel, shampoo, and lotion.  I think I might have used one bottle of conditioner.  It was okay.  Some days they didn’t give me everything.  But I don’t think I can complain.  I wonder what the street value is for this stuff?  LOL

I was downstairs at 6:20, not realizing that it would take several minutes to check out.  Something about exchange rates for different days or something like that.  *shrugs*  I’ve been early every day, but today.  Figures.  J was already here to pick us all up and I’m still trying to check out….yay me.

Finally we’re on the way!  Traffic this time of the morning is practically non-existent compared to all the other days in the past two weeks.  We made it to the airport in 20 minutes or so.  J unpacks the back and insists on taking my larger suitcase into the airport.  He has been instructed to remain with us until we’ve made it through customs.  Now, this part is a whole new experience for me.  I haven’t left the country since 911.  I have never flown into a foreign in like 20+ years.  So, this part is a little different than what I can remember.  Actually, I don’t remember ANYTHING about flying into Canada that one time.

So J takes our passports and runs off with them.  Um…where ya goin?  There’s an airport tax that we are exempt from, but you have to stand in line and get the piece of paper that says you are exempt from it.  J has gone to do that.  I swear…that man is like the energizer bunny.  He returns and now we can check in, check our bags, and head through immigration.

Altoado (formerly known as D…I have since renamed him based on something a person at Post called him) has stopped to hit the duty free shop.  A and I head on to the gate.  I stop at the airport, cheesy souvenir shop.  It was rather big and I was hoping to find something nice to bring back to S, but no.  *pout*  I mean, not even like a nice Bogota shirt, hat, nothing.  MUGS even!  Nothing!  Not even at Juan Valdez.  I was hoping for one specific to Bogota or Colombia.  Nope!  *sigh*

I stop for some coffee and an arepita con queso.  YUM!  That was perfect little snack before I got on the plane.  I was starving, too!  Breakfast at the hotel doesn’t start until 6:30.  I should have ordered something, but then I would be even more late for check out.  And…we board…take off…and are on our way home!

I don’t know about you, but I’m not a huge fan of people taking their shoes off in the airplane.  I mean, it’s a cabin.  Not like that air is really going anywhere and I REALLY DO NOT want to smell your stinky feet the whole flight.  FFS put your shoes on man!!  Yes, I did take a picture, but I’m not going to post it to protect the Jack-A that took his shoes off on the flight.

For some reason, I stopped knitting and looked out the window just to see what we were over and if I could see anything.  I did!

We were over the ocean and I saw a ship.  I have no clue how large of a ship it was, but I took a picture of it because I thought it was hilarious that I could see a ship.

Oh yeah!  Breakfast on the airplane was french toast with a red berry sauce.  It was decent.

And we land in Miami.  This is where the fun begins.  *bangs head on keyboard*  I thought, “3 hour layover in Miami.  I can grab some lunch.”  Yeah…no.  Not at all.

Miami not so welcoming.  It was raining.  So, I got off the plane and we’re ushered into these horrendously long lines known as immigration.  That took an hour.  It was made worse by the fact that I was stuck about 4 people behind this little Jamaican looking woman.  They fingerprinted once, then twice.  Cleaned the pad.  Fingerprinted her again, and finally a fourth time before escorting her off to some other location for clearance.  FINALLY!  I get to move forward.  This is made even more annoying as the little group of people behind me seem to have forgotten that I’m standing there…in line…in front of them.  GRRR!

Okay, done with that part and have the nice little stamp to prove it.  Now off to baggage claim to get my bag and go through customs.  YIPEE!  Another line!  *facepalm*  My bags are already off the belt and I realize how spoiled I was having J help me with my bags.  LOL  So I stand in that line for like another 40 minutes.  Good Lord!  I think I’m going to be looking into that frequent flyer thing I saw in line at customs.  I took like 2 minutes to clear.  Now A and I get to haul ass off to another part of the airport to our gate.  Um, but what do we do with our bags?  Do we have to stand in that line if we already have boarding passes?  “What flight are you on?” I hear as I’m walking.  I put on the brakes, show my pass, and he takes my bags.  YEAH!  That part done, now on to getting to the gate.  I thought I’d have time to maybe find a nice Miami shirt for S while I was there.  Nope.  I barely had time for a bottle of water and some snacks.  After about 15-20 minutes, we begin boarding.  YES!

I’m tired.  I want to nap.  But I can’t nap.  So I knit.  And watch the cheesy in flight entertainment.  I think I’d like Go On if it’s like that all the time, but the two episodes I saw twice are probably highlights of the show.  Sparkle was a good movie though.  Glad that was on the plane as I’m sure S wouldn’t really want to see it.  LOL

Good bye rainy Miami!  And Hello DC!

I do believe that is part of the Potomac…but I for some reason didn’t upload the pictures of the really tiny monuments from the plane window.  I get off the plane and head to baggage claim.  A’s family is right there just before the escalators heading to baggage claim.  So, I meet his wife, baby girl, and in laws?  I think they were in laws.  Anyway, I chat a bit, then head downstairs.  I was just being polite but wanted to BOLT down the stairs to find S, who was already waiting for my bag.  He looked tired.  Having worked 19 of the last 21 days does that to a person.

There’s the tiny monuments!  LOL  Capital on the right, Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial on the left.  I am finally home!  Don’t know for how long.  I’m sure I’ll have to go back, it’s just a matter of when.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.