Loaded Baked Potato Salad will be your new favorite potato salad recipe. It’s creamy, loaded with flavor, and completely irresistible.
Barbecue week, aka #BBQWeek, has snuck up on me. Of course, it doesn’t help that the weather has been as strange as the current state of affairs in the world today. I mean, it’s May and I should have to wear the winter coat to walk the dogs. I’m just saying.
So, grilling in the last couple of months has not been exceptionally reliable. Between all the rain and all the cold, I’m surprised we’ve ever grilled at all. I mean except for a quick pork chop and some steaks here and there. I think I grilled some chicken thighs, but don’t quote me on that.
So, I spent most of the day cooking up most of the recipe for this week. So not ideal. I’m sure you understand what I’ve been going through today and most of the last few months. With the unreliable ingredients, and uncertainty about your recipes, this has not been the best of times to try to create recipes for #BBQWeek.
However, I seemed to have managed to get 6 recipes going and hopefully finished/published for this week.
This holiday season, my husband received an extra 15% discount on purchases at his store. And we’ve been eyeing this HUGE grill that is all encompassing. I mean, it’s a gas grill, charcoal grill, and electric smoker. The latter is what I have been totally focused on playing with. I have smoked a few things on the gas grill. I even tried a smoked brisket recipe which turned out pretty darned delicious.
However, I tried making a brisket in the electric smoker and it turned out even better. I can’t wait to get another brisket to try in there again. Smoking is an art form and you just have to learn how your smoker works and how to get the best of the meat you’ve selected.
This weekend I had that puppy churning out smoked foods! Because, well, I’m a slacker and haven’t made a single recipe for this #BBQWeek before this one. Yes, I know. I’m cutting it close. And I wouldn’t be able to do this if life was normal. However, this situation that we’re going through right now is allowing me to do some creation and photography mid day. And, well, after today it could be all day. But we won’t get into that right now.
I tried this recipe the first time I smoked some ribs on the grill. Now, I’ve done ribs in the pressure cooker before we got the grill. The hubs has baked barbecue ribs before, but I think we’re both addicted to the smoked ones I’ve been making lately. You’ll just have to wait because I’ll be sharing those later this week.
Since I was smoking some ribs again, I thought I’d really nail this recipe down. And that’s just what I did!
All the flavors are there. There’s the potatoes, of course. Then there’s green onion, bacon, and cheese. I finely diced the cheese instead of using shredded cheese. The shredded cheese just disappeared the first time I made this. You couldn’t really taste it at all. So, I opted for a finely diced cheddar cheese.
The dressing itself is packed with flavors, too! There’s mayonnaise and sour cream that makes it a creamy potato salad recipe. But there’s also dried chives and onion powder, garlic salt, and black pepper. You could totally use that as a dip instead of a potato salad dressing. It really brings through the onion flavor that elevates all the other flavors in this loaded baked potato salad.
Just look at all those flavors in there!!
Cubes of cheese, crumbles of bacon, slices of green onion, and eggs all surrounding those cubes of delicious potato. This is one potato salad that you’re going to make all the time! It is so addictively delicious you won’t be able to make any other kind of potato salad for your barbecues. I know, because I’m totally addicted and I LOVED my old fashioned potato salad recipe.
Be sure to see what the rest of the bloggers are sharing on this first day of #BBQWeek. We have 5 more to go! Yes, that’s right, we’re sharing recipe suitable for your backyard barbecues through Saturday! So, follow the hasthag on social media, or check back here every day for new and delicious recipes like this one.
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 4 ounces cubed cheddar cheese (or shredded)
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Boil for 8 to 10 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender but not overly soft.
- Drain and place in a bowl of cold water to cool.
- Combine the mayonnaise with the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in the potatoes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 301Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 66mgSodium 512mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 8g
Monday #BBQWeek Recipes
- Amazing Foil Packets On The Grill With Steak And Potatoes by Our Crafty Mom
- Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts by Sweet Beginnings
- Cherry Lime Margarita by Family Around the Table
- DIY Marzetti’s Slaw Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Butt Pulled Pork by Intelligent Domestications
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pulled Pork by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Calico Baked Beans by Blogghetti
- Smoked BBQ Brisket by The Spiffy Cookie
- Smoked Pork Butt Tacos by Our Good Life
- Southwestern Mini Grilled Pork Sandwiches by The Freshman Cook
- Sweet Chili-Lime Grilled Chicken by Making Miracles
- Winey Burgers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks