Showing my love of peanut butter (or any nut butter) and apples, I baked up some hearty PB Apple Muffins. They’re filled with chunks of apples, delicious peanut butter, and heart healthy oatmeal.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s starting to get cool out. I love that. You know why I love that? Because it’s the start of oatmeal season! I love oatmeal, don’t you? It’s like stick to your ribs, sweet OR savory deliciousness in a bowl. Or a smoothie. Maybe you’re a smoothie person? I can be sometimes, but I’ve sort of gotten out of the habit. Sometimes I just want to veg after dinner and not worry about making breakfast until the next day.
Yeah, I know. I could do make ahead things, but that requires me to have spare to do the make ahead things. Hello, are you new to my blog? If you are, then welcome! My life isn’t one that lends itself to lots of spare time. Just throwing that out there for ya.
Anyway, Oatmeal can be made ahead of time in the slow cooker. I make a large batch of steel cut oatmeal and then package it away for work that week. I just need to grab a container out of the fridge, reheat when I get to work, and voila! I have a hearty and healthy breakfast that’s oh so delicious.
So, last year I was turned on to Flahavan’s steel cut oatmeal. Hello gorgeous! I honestly thought I had three choices and three choices only. I won’t name them. I don’t want to upset Flahavan’s so they don’t send me delicious oatmeal next year. Hi! Love your oatmeal! *waves*
Their steel cut oatmeal is leaps and BOUNDS above all others. And I can say that because I’ve been eating it WAY before it became popular like quinoa. What can I say? I’ve typically been ahead of times with that stuff. Granted not so much lately, but I have that talent and can easily tap into it again.
I love the nutty flavor it has. Yes, I realize this recipe calls for their old fashioned oats. But I just wanted to tell y’all how delicious their steel cut oatmeal is. I made baked oatmeal with it last year and it was phenomenal!! Seriously. Perfectly nutty and paired well with the apples and sausage I put in there. You should check that recipe out. It’s perfect for brunch or lazy weekend mornings.
Anyway, I’ve been nibbling through the instant oatmeal they sent, me, too. It has the perfect oatmeal flavor you expect and want your oatmeal to have. Don’t we all have the idea in our head of what food should taste like and you’re disappoint when it doesn’t? Well, you won’t be with Flahavan’s oatmeal. It really does have that perfect oatmeal flavor.
Uh oh. My stomach is growling…Did you hear it?
It’s a good thing I have some of these left. I might have to nibble on one before I start dinner. Or else I’ll just nibble my way through dinner and not be hungry when it’s cooked. See those chunks of apple there? And those flecks of oats? Oh yeah. That’s the stuff right there! Heart healthy fiber through and through! I can’t wait to make these PB apple muffins again!!
- 1-Pot Apple Sausage Meatballs by Books n’ Cooks
- ABC Sheet Pan Dinner by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Bacon Goat Cheese Salad by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Apple Bourbon Float by Our Good Life
- Apple Butter Overnight Chia Oatmeal by Love and Confections
- Apple Cinnamon Layer Cake with Brown Butter Streusel by The Baking Fairy
- Apple Cornbread Cakelets by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Crumble Muffins by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Noodle Kugel by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Apple Pie Dip by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Pie Donuts by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Pie Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pork Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Cranberry Crock Pot Stuffing by West Via Midwest
- Beet Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette by Caroline’s Cooking
- Caramel Apple Cookie Bars by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Frozen Custard by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Cold Apple Cider with Caramel Infused Rum by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Blue Cheese & Sliced Apple Crostini by Who Needs a Cape?
- Deconstructed Chocolate Caramel Mini Apple Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Deconstructed Skillet Apple Dumplings by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fall Panzanella Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze by Soulfully Made
- Glazed Spiced Apple Cider Cookies by Savory Moments
- Hasselback Apples by Kate’s Recipe Box
- PB Apple Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skillet Apple and Sausage Stuffing Recipe by Lemon Blossoms
- Skinny Apple Crisp by The Saucy Fig
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter by Shockingly Delicious
- One Pan Pork Chops with Apples and Cinnamon by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Out of This World Apple Cake by Family Around the Table
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages.
Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.