One of my favorite flavor combinations is transformed in this PB Cheesecake Brownie recipe. With delicious cheesecake, chocolate, and peanut butter flavors, these brownies are sure to please everyone.
The mass tossing of crap I don’t want packing to move has commenced. There was a lot of, “What is that?” and “Where did that come from?” and “Why do I have THAT?” “Who’s is that?” “This isn’t even mine.” Somehow I inherited a bunch of crap…some of which isn’t even mine. Since we’re downsizing, well, we’re downsizing.
You’d be surprised at what I DID find, though…
Yeah. The whole friggin bag. In a box. In the closet. Lord knows how it got there, what it was doing there, but I see mass quantities of cookies in my future. Maybe some banana chip muffins? PB chip cupcakes? More nummy ganache filled stuff? Who knows… Whatever it is, it will be tasty.
I’ve started playing with brownies. S isn’t a fan of cake or cupcakes. My co-workers will be my guinea pigs on those, I guess. So, I’m playing with brownies. Same MO; low fat yet moist. I know the two don’t usually go hand in hand. That’s my goal though. I know they’re not going to be like Ghirardelli, but I want them to be good AND healthy. I mean, the two SHOULD be able to go together, right?
So, round 1…and they’re good! I’m surprised. But I shouldn’t be, I guess.
I love Chobani, so I thought I’d bake with it this time.
Preheat oven to 350. Combine yogurt, sugar, egg substitute, vanilla extract, and instant coffee in a large mixing bowl.
Combine flour, salt, cocoa powder, and baking powder in small mixing bowl.
Whip softened cream cheese, egg substitute, sugar, vanilla extract and peanut butter until creamy.
Combine the flour mixture with the yogurt mixture until combined. Pour the PB Cheesecake Brownie batter into an 8 inch baking dish coated in cooking spray. Spoon the peanut butter mixture over top and swirl with a knife.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the PB Cheesecake Brownies before serving.
For the brownies:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine yogurt, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup egg substitute, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and instant coffee granules in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract with a hand mixing in a small bowl until creamy.
- Add flour mixture to yogurt mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour into an 8 inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray making sure to spread the batter evenly.
- Spoon the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate mixture and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 304Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 8mgSodium 223mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 2gSugar 41gProtein 8g