PEEPS Crispy Treats are super easy and fun to make with your kids. Chop up some PEEPS, stir in some marshmallows, and then add some PEEPS cereal for a double whammy of PEEPS fun and color!
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
I had these PEEPS in my pantry. Embarrassingly from last year! Hi, my name is Christie and I’m a food hoarder! It’s not like I was saving them just to save them. They were earmarked for crispy treats! Honestly. It just took me like a year to make them.
It’s not like you can make things with PEEPS outside of spring. Well, at least the spring colored PEEPS. Yes, I know that they have these marshmallow treats for different season now. Which I think is cute, but sort of blasphemous. But I get that they need to capitalize on all the holidays they can. It doesn’t make sense to have a flood of revenue during one time of year.
These almost didn’t come into being. I went to the grocery to look for Rice Krispies. And, well, if you have been to the grocery lately you’ll know that people have gone nutjob insane and hoarding every pantry good in sight. Include cereal. EVERY cereal. But, lucky for me I rounded the corner and there was a whole endcap of new cereal!
Yes. I found a box of PEEPS cereal which meant that these had to be. Karma or the cosmos meant for me to make these this year. In light of all that is going one, finding the perfect box of PEEPS cereal to use for these PEEPS Crispy Treats. I really was kismet.
I had all the ingredients out on the counter and ready to make these treats. He asked what I was making and I said PEEPs crispy treats with PEEPS cereal! Because it’s fun to say PEEPS I said it twice in the same sentence. “PEEPS cereal?” Yup! It has oat Os but it also has bunny and chick shapes in there, too. In the epic bright yellow, pink, and blue colors.
Oh! And it’s marshmallow flavored cereal.
So it’s like a double whammy of marshmallow flavor. There’s the PEEPS cereal, and the actual treats, then the marshmallows. You can’t say there’s not a ton of marshmallow flavor in these treats. Because there’s a tri-fecta of marshmallow flavor in there.
And something that packed with ooey gooey goodness had to be put into the ultimate of non-stick pans which is Anolon. I have a few of their baking pans and a grill pan that I love! I’ve used the quarter sheet pan and this 9 x 12 pan so far. There’s a loaf pan that will be getting some banana bread in it soon. Because I have bananas for another recipe that’s not going to be made this week.
So, banana bread only seems fitting. And since we’re pretty much confined to quarters, baking seems to be the only solution. But I have no place to take my baking, so we’ll have to eat it. Which sucks. I don’t need to eat more while I’m stuck working from home. And I could totally devour a whole banana bread. They used to call me monkey.
I just love all the bright colors in these treats.
The cereal really does capture the PEPPS colors, flavors, and fun of spring! I just wish you could see the bunnies and chicks in there. I pulled some out to show the hubs. They’re so cute! Little cereal bunnies and chicks.
Oh, and eve though the PEEPS are closed and never been open, they can dry out. I had one package of purple bunnies that were totally rock hard! I could have taken then out for some craft project but didn’t. I tossed them. Thought, shellacking them did cross my mind. Just for fun and decoration sake. A wreath of shellacked PEEPS just sounds like a project I could totally spend time on!
So, I feel like I need to warn you. They are super sweet! From the marshmallow and the sugar on the PEEPS. So, if you REALLY have a sweet tooth, these are the crispy treats for you. If not, they’re still good; just really sweet. I feel like that’s the PSA someone should have given me. So, I’m giving it to you!
- 4 cups PEEPS cut into pieces (2 packages of chicks and one package of bunnies)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups PEEPS cereal
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Heat a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Melt the butter into the pot.
- Stir in the PEEPS and marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir until the cereal is coated.
- Allow to cool 1 hour before serving.
Friday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole by Fresh April Flours
- Buttermilk Birthday Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Caramel Pecan Cannoli by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread by Shockingly Delicious
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond Truffles by Family Around the Table
- Disney Spring Treat Lemon Cheesecake by Simply Inspired Meals
- French Silk Tartlets by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Blackberry Mocha Brownies by Frugal & Fit
- Hummingbird Pancakes with Homemade Pineapple Syrup and Candied Pecans by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Fritters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Blogghetti
- Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberries by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lemon Poppy Seed Poke Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Poppyseed Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- PEEPS Crispy Treats by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Raspberry Moscow Mule Cupcakes by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Raspberry Rosé Cupcakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Spring Cut Out Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Banana Bread with Cinnamon Chips by Sweet Beginnings
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by Jen Around the World
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Strawberry Shortbread Bars by A Savory Feast
- Vegan Lemon Berry Sweet Rolls by The Baking Fairy