Dark chocolate cocoa powder is paired with pumpkin cheese in these deliciously moist Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies. You will want to double the batch…and eat the whole pan yourself. They are THAT GOOD!
Hi and welcome to day 6 and the end of #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections. We are celebrating our love of the season with a whole week of pumpkin goodies, leading up to National Pumpkin Day, tomorrow.
17 Food Bloggers have come together to share over 65 recipes with you. In addition to homemade pumpkin puree, pie, and cookies, we are also sharing savory pumpkin dishes like hummus, chili and pumpkin corn chowder. Come back every day for #PumpkinWeek recipes. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections’ #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!
Seriously. These brownies are DA BOMB!
I have struggled with a capital S STRUGGLED with brownies from scratch. They’re too hard, they’re too dry, they’re too disgusting. Yes. I’ve thrown brownies out.
My issue is, they have HAVE to be low in fat, moist, and delicious. That’s not too much to ask for, is it?
But y’all. These. These brownies. HOLY MOLY they’re just… WOW.
They’re moist. Almost too moist in the center. But that’s just from the pumpkin cheesecake goodness that is burried beneath that dark chocolate brownie exterior. And it has the perfect amount of pumpkin spices in there, too.
See that stripe right there? Buried beneath the decadently moist layer of brownie? Oh yeah baby. That’s pumpkin goodness. Mmmmmm…..
Okay. I suck a swirling. I just do. I try so hard then I overswirl and well, it’s just a hot mess. The swirls were only visible from the outside on the edges of the pan. Not that it REALLY matters because every piece has the delicious flavor of pumpkin cheesecake throughout.
I’ve actually had five people in my office about these brownies today. Two of which I’d never had ask about anything of the food I put out on the counter. This is a first for me. I was happy to share! There were 5 left when I walked out the door for the rest of the week. I imagine they will ALL be gone by 6 tonight. If not, I’m sure J will let me know.
Yeah. I don’t know how you can resist that either. *I* can’t resist that and I’ve had one already today.
Dark chocolate cocoa powder is paired with pumpkin cheese in these deliciously moist Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies.
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly spoon the flour and cocoa powder into the measuring cups. Place in a large mixing bowl with the salt and baking powder. Using a whisk, stir the dry ingredients together.
- Combine the sugar with the egg substitute and whisk until the sugar begins to dissolve. Add the pumpkin puree, oil and vanilla and whisk together.
- Pour the puree mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Spread 2/3 of the batter into an 9 x 9 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Add the brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin puree and remaining five ingredients (egg substitute through allspice) and stir until combined.
- Spoon the swirl over the brownie batter. Drop the remaining batter onto the pumpkin mixture. Using a knife or wooden skewer, swirl the pumpkin into the brownie batter.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 370Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 2mgSodium 418mgCarbohydrates 75gFiber 3gSugar 56gProtein 9g
Check out all the #PumpkinWeek Bloggers and their recipes:
Pumpkin Pie Pavlova by Love and Confections
Caramel Pumpkin Torte by Lady Behind The Curtain
Pumpkin Loaf by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Pumpkin Pie Martini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins by Making Miracles