Shrimp, scallops, and fish swim in a vegetable, green chile, and cumin based chili with cannelini beans. Seafood Chili is definitely one your guests will not expect.
I love chili. All kinds of chili. Well, I should say all kinds of chili that isn’t flaming hot and makes your mouth so burning hot that you can’t even tasty anything. By then, what’s the point? You can’t taste anything…
Anyway. I’ve made a few chili recipes myself. I’ve got some Game Day Chili. I’ve made Chili Mac with left over chili. And I’ve revamped some White Bean and Turkey Chili from Cooking Light. I say revamp because I NEVER follow a recipe. Unless it’s my own, that is. *snort*
This week, #SundaySupper is doing a chili cook off! There is some pretty tough competition. Scroll down to the bottom to check out the other competitors. Not now!! Finish my post and check out my recipe first! Sheesh!!
There’s a TON of recipes out there. Beef, ground or chopped. Chicken, turkey, meatless, vegetarian with lentils, vegetarian with tofu or seitan, shrimp, you name it. There are endless possibilities out there on the internet. There are very few seafood chili recipes. I don’t know why. Seafood chili is SUPER tasty.
Just look at all that tasty goodness in there!! There’s cannelini beans, scallops, shrimp, clams, fish, onions, celery, garlic, and spices. All these ingredients are swimming in a tasty, clam juice and vegetable broth. I know what you’re saying. “How in the world can that be chili?” But it is! It tastes like chili!
The spices are key. Cumin, of course. I LOVE cumin. I’d put it on everything if S loved it as much as I did, but he doesn’t. There’s some chili powder, but not too much. There’s a little bit of heat in the ground chipotle powder. Yeah. That’s stuff’s delicious! It’s a bit of heat with added smoke. It enhances the smoky flavor of the cumin which seals the deal that this is chili. Seriously. It’s chili. The only way to convince you, I guess, is to have you make it for yourself!
NOW you may scroll past my recipe and check out the other competitors in this #SundaySupper Chili Cook Off.
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 8 ounces green chiles
- 30 ounces cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 2 cups shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup halibut, chopped
- 2 cups bay scallops, chopped
- 8 ounces clams, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add the next 8 ingredients (cumin through clam juice). Bring to a boil and simmer until the beans are heated through.
- Add the clams and their juice. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes. Add the fish and scallops. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp and simmer 4 to 5 additional minutes or until all the seafood is cooked through.
- Add the heavy cream, stir to combine, and serve.
Will YOU be a part of the #SundaySupper Chili Cook-Off judges panel this week? Voting is live at the Sunday Supper Movement Online Community Magazine starting now and concluding (fittingly) on February 27 – National Chili Day! Browse the submissions and cast your vote by clicking HERE!
Beef and Bison Chili
- Bison & Black Bean Chili from It’s Yummi!
- Cincinnati Chili from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Bean Chili from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Chili con Carne from Manu’s Menu
- Gesundheit Chili from Magnolia Days
- Hellfire Chili from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Hoisin Beef Chili from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Kim’s Kickin’ Chili from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Moroccan Harissa Spiked Chili from MarocMama
- Short Rib Chili from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Chili from Hip Foodie Mom
Chicken, Duck, and Turkey Chili
- Asian Five Spice Duck Chili from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Buffalo Turkey Chili from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Meatball Chipotle Chili from Soni’s Food
- Gluten Free Turkey Chili from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Kickin’ Chicken Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili from Basic N Delicious
- Olé Mole Turkey Chili from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Shockingly Delicious Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili from Family Foodie
- Thai Chicken Chili from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- White Chicken Chili from The Foodie Army Wife
Mixed (meat combo) Chili
- Best Damn Chili Ever from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chili con Tres Carne from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Daddy’s Favorite Chili from Momma’s Meals
- Harlem Meatloaf Chili from Neighborfood
- Leslie’s Best Chili from La Cocina de Leslie
Fish and Seafood Chili
- Scrumptious Seafood Chili from A Kitchen Hoor
- Easy Vegetarian Chili with Raisins and Cashews from Delaware Girl Eats
- New Orleans Style Vegetarian Chili from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chili from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Chicken Chili Cheese Fries from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chili Cornbread Cupcakes from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chili Topped Tater Tots from Ruffles & Truffles
- Spicy Chili Mac from girlichef
Best Wines To Pair with Chili #SundaySupper from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.