This delicious, Slow Cooked Chicken Braised in White Wine Mushroom Sauce is elegant enough to serve to guests, yet simple enough to serve as a weeknight meal.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup gourmet dried mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Steep the dried porcini in the boiling water 10 to 15 minutes or until they begin to soften. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Place the shallots and mushrooms in the liner of a slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Spread the thyme and rosemary on top.
- Combine the paprika with the flour. Lightly dust the chicken breasts with the flour mixture and place them on top of the mushroom mixture. Place the
- Stir the wine and chicken broth together with the mustard and pour over the chicken. Cook on high 5 to 7 hours or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions omitting additional salt and fat.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the water with the cornstarch and add to the chicken. Cook on high an additional 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cream.
- Divide the pasta evenly between flour plates. Top with 4 ounces of chicken breast meat and 1/2 cup of sauce.
PEP Counts: 4 Servings