Let your slow cooker do the work with this delicious Slow Cooker Spanish Red Pepper Stew. Chilindron is a Spanish version of a cacciatore so make sure to get creative to use what you have on hand!
It looks delicious doesn’t it? Come on. I KNOW you’re drooling! Admit it. You’re going to make this Slow Cooker Spanish Red Pepper Stew (Chilindron) SOON! I know you are. Don’t try to hide it, you’re jealous. Seriously. Just look at all that colorful flavor swimming on the plate with the tender chicken and pasta. Yes. It tasted as good as it looked.
Stop licking the screen. Honestly… *shaking head*
This Slow Cooker Spanish Red Pepper Stew is so simple to make you’re going to wish you’d thought of it yourself. How did I think about it? Well, every week I make a menu. That menu consists of:
- Slow Cooker Tuesday
- Quick & Easy Wednesday
- Dinner Salad Thursday
- Simple Dinner Saturday
- Sunday Delicious Dinner
Yes. I plan to cook 6 meals a week. Those 6 meals lead to 5 lunches a week. I cook enough for one meals worth PLUS a lunch. For two of us it’s not that difficult. Granted, sometimes life happens and I skip one here and there. Saturday was one of those instances. We were flea marketing and had a late, large lunch so dinner was pretzels. LOL
BUT, if we had this in the slow cooker, there would have been NO QUESTION as to what we were having that night for dinner. Oh yeah…I was telling ya how I came to find this. Well, I was searching Pinterest for slow cooker chicken and just not really having much luck finding something that truly inspired me. *sigh*
Yeah. Sometimes that does happen. Rare, but it does.
So, then I went with back up plan #1, which is Google. I usually just look at the images for a search. I mean, it’s kind of like Pinterest, right? Just looking at the pictures? And then I saw it. I saw this recipe and it look AH-mazing.
What’s in Slow Cooker Spanish Red Pepper Stew?
So I searched a little more and got an idea of the base ingredients. I catered it to my tastes and my dietary needs. Like, I omitting the bacon/chorizo/fatty pork product of choice that were in most recipes. Since I’m not a huge fan of tons of rosemary, I went with some ground rosemary. Something about trees I don’t like in my food.
Slow Cooker Spanish Red Pepper Stew is really like a Spanish version of a cacciatore. I can only imagine that every culture has a dish like this; take whatever meat you have, whatever vegetables you have, whatever spice you have, and slow cook it into a stew.
Why a stew? They last! You can keep adding both to it to extend it. There’s a reason dishes like this are called “peasant” food or peasant style food. They knew how to make what little they had and extend it to feed as many mouths as necessary.
Granted, when you bring this to the table not many mouths will go hungry, I’m sure. You can put any kind of fowl, some rabbit, maybe venison; you get the picture. And having recipes like this under your belt gives you the same abilities; make whatever you have last.
Recipes like this Slow Cooker Spanish Red Pepper Stew are great for preparedness (or SHTF to some people) types of situations where you have to make the most with what’s given to you. And honestly, if this is the what’s given to me, then I’d be grateful. Because this dish is delicious!
So, bust our your slow cooker, crack open that pantry and freezer, and see what kind of stew you can come up with! Don’t forget the herbs and spices. That’s what makes these types of meals so tasty!
Let your slow cooker do the work with this delicious chilindron style stew. Slow Cooker Spanish Red Pepper Stew is a Spanish version of a cacciatore so make sure to get creative to use what you have on hand!
- 2 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup fat free chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 2 whole bay leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Place the chicken thighs in the bottom of a slow cooker liner coated with cooking spray.
- Top with the chopped, roasted red peppers. Sprinkle with the paprika.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl and pour over the peppers and thighs.
- Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until the thighs are tender and fall off the bone.
- Serve over pasta, noodles, or rice garnished with parsley.
Amount Per Serving Calories 368Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 186mgSodium 458mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 40g
Seriously Good Slow Cooker Recipes
- Chilindro – Slow Cooker Spanish Red Pepper Stew from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli Sauce from The Spiffy Cookie
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetable Soup from Blogghetti
- Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Hamburger Stroganoff from Books n’ Cooks
- Slow Cooker Mahogany Chicken Legs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Vegan Whole Moong Masala from Magical Ingredients
- White Chicken Chili from That Recipe