Sunday Supper Finger Foods is perfect for holidays and game days and snacks just because you want a nibble.
This week, Sunday Supper is all about manual meals. You know, finger food?
Those nifty little nibbles that require no utensils to eat; only digits to dig in? Yup. That’s what we’re serving up for Sunday Supper this week.
So, I did a little digging about finger foods. Other than the obvious – they’re eaten with your hands – did you know that most street food is finger food? I mean, that only makes sense. Tacos, they’re street food right? It’s a delicious little meal served up in a crispy, edible wrapper. Am I right? Anything on a stick is a finger food like kabobs, corndogs, and pie. Mmmmm corndogs.
Also, did you know that some cultures don’t even use utensils; they eat with their hands. Ethiopian food is served with injera which is a bread used to roll up the food so it can be eaten with your hands. In parts of Asia, the Middle East, and Africa it’s customary to eat with your hands. While, in contrast, the Western part of the world sees finger foods as appetizers or party foods. Either way you serve it up, we’re eating with our fingers this week!!
#SundaySupper is bucking tradition, putting on their thinking caps, and making meal worthy finger foods. Here’s a preview of the recipes you can look forward to on Sunday:
- Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honey Bunch
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Russian Piroshki (Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fried Italian Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Kabobs by Hardly A Goddess
- Loaded Mashed Potato Balls with Gravy by From Gate to Plate
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Nashville Hot Chicken Flat Breads by Dad Whats 4 Dinner
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Hot Wings by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Double Stuffed Potato Skins by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Steak Crostini with Roasted Red Pepper Spread by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blackberry Fried Hand Pies by The TipToe Fairy
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Strawberry Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Plus Plus Bite-sized Berry Pavlovas and More Finger Food Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.