This Surf and Turf dinner will wow your loved one and make your #ValentinesDay romantic!
Did y’all know that Valentine’s Day is around the corner? I’m sure you did. I just like to state the obvious sometimes. If you’re like me and haven’t made any plans for dinner that night, then you need to head to your local Whole Foods Market.
“Why Whole Foods Market”, you ask? Well, because not only do they have quality products and food, but they also make it completely easy to create a romantic date night at home for your sweetheart. I know because that’s what I’m planning in doing.
You walk in the door, at least at my local Whole Foods Market, and there’s gorgeous flowers there ready to pick up. Go ahead and grab yourself a double dozen roses. They have red and pink, mine had this gorgeous gold color. I couldn’t resist those.
I picked up some fresh green beans. You can do asparagus, but you know I feel about that vegetable. Dinner was going to have some simple, roasted green bean bundles wrapped in delicious prosciutto.
Next stop was the seafood counter!! This week, they have wild caught lobster tails on sale at my Whole Foods Market. No, they’re not the two pound size. They’re the perfect size for your date night surf and turf. See where I’m going with this dinner? Oh yeah. It’s going to be SO good and rival any restaurant meal that will cost three times as much.
The meat counter was the next stop. They have some delicious boneless ribeyes on sale at my Whole Foods Market in Fair Lakes. They’re perfect for a romantic Valentine’s Day with your special someone. They’re perfectly marbled for amazing flavor and are a nice thickness to share between the two to have with your lobster tails.
Then I headed to the deli section to pick up the prosciutto and some delicious cheese to nibble on while dinner was cooking. Whole Foods Market has the most amazing cheese counter. I love picking up a few to try at home. They had one that looked like it was ALIVE! I’ll have to try that one next time. I also picked up a crusty baguette. That’s for later, though.
Of course, you can’t have a romantic Valentine’s Day without some bubbly!! Whole Foods Market has me covered with their brut and brut rose they have on sale. Nothing says Valentine’s Day without some pink sparkling wine! I’d say champagne but some…PEOPLE…might say otherwise. So, go ahead and grab a couple of bottles; one for now and one for later. Or…BOTH NOW! It’s your romantic night.
Now, what’s the last thing on my list? Go ahead. We’ll say it together. CHOCOLATE! Yup. You can’t have a romantic Valentine’s Day without that quintessential, heart shaped box of chocolates. Whole Foods Market has you covered on that one, too. They have some Lake Champlain chocolates that are creamy delicious and the perfect little bite to nibble with your bubbly.
These chocolate are top quality just like everything else you get from Whole Foods Market. Every time I shop there, I know my basket will be full of top quality items. I don’t have to worry about where the meat or produce comes from. The pantry items are always fresh and wholesome. Shopping there takes the worry out of my shopping trip.
Now, you can’t tell me that your sweetheart or special someone won’t appreciate you just a little more if you serve up a delicious dish like this on Valentine’s Day. And you can see what I mean about how one Whole Foods Market steak can serve two people perfectly! We got two anyone so we could have more steak later in the week. They’re so good!
Please… PLEASE allow your steak to rest before you even attempt to slice it. That’s why there’s not a ton of juices all over my plate. I let the steak rest which allows all the juices to settle back into the meat.
This surf and turf seems fancy and some might even think it’s beyond their skills, but trust me when I say, you can’t go wrong with this meal! Follow my simple “recipe” (if you can even call it a recipe) and you’ll have a stunning meal on the table. What can make this even easier? If you pre-shop at Whole Foods Market by going to SHOP.WFM.COM and ordering your steak, lobster, and other items you want to serve your sweetie this Valentine’s Day.
What are you going to to serve your special someone for dinner this Valentine’s Day?
This Surf and Turf dinner will wow your loved one and make your #ValentinesDay romantic! Whole Foods Market has everything you need for a stunning dinner.
- 16 ounces Whole Foods Market boneless ribeye steak
- 10 ounces Whole Foods Market lobster tails (2)
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 ounces proscuitto, sliced
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to high heat on 2/3 of the grill. Leave a large enough portion for the tails to cook on indirect heat.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper (and any other steak rub or seasoning you'd like) and allow to rest 15-20 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Using kitchen shears, carefully cut the shell only on the tails allowing the meat to be exposed. Thread them onto skewers to prevent them from curling during cooking. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain the green beans. Carefully wrap in bundles with the proscuitto and secure with toothpicks. Place on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Once your steaks have rested and your grill is prepared, drizzle a little of the clarified butter over the green beans and put them in the oven.
- Place your steaks on the grill and cook them 3 to 5 minutes, rotate 45 degrees (for those pretty diamond grill marks) and cook another 3 to 5 minutes. Flip the steaks over and repeat; cooking as needed to reach your desired cook on your steaks (for medium rare cook to 140 F and for medium 155 F). Remove from the grill and rest.
- Place the lobster tails, shell side down, on the grill after you turn the steaks over and begin cooking on the second side. Grill the tails for 4 to 5 minutes.
- After you put the tails on the grill, remove the green beans from the oven, turn them over, drizzle again with clarified butter, and cook until crisp tender and the prosciutto is crispy.
- Turn the tails over, baste with some of the clarified butter, and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until firm to the touch and reach an internal temperature of 140.
- Yes, I know this seems like a lot, but it’s not that difficult and I’ve laid it out step by step for convenience.
- Once the steak(s) has rested, slice and plate with one tail and one to two bunches of green beans. Serve with the remaining clarified butter and brut rose.
- Enjoy the chocolates for dessert!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Whole Foods Market, however, all opinions expressed here are entirely my own including my thoughts on homemade bread stuffing.