As if the fudge-y goodness in these cookies wasn’t enough, I added three – count ’em THREE – types of chips to these cookies. Triple Chip Cookies have semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate, and peanut butter chips in these monster cookies. Grab some milk. You’re going to need it!
It is day two of #Choctoberfest. Did you check out the first day? My welcome post, which has the giveaway by the way, had a delicious roundup of some of my fave delicious chocolate recipes from me and my friends. You should stop by and check it out. And enter the giveaway while you’re there.
Today, I’m sharing these ah-mazing cookies. They’re super delicious and packed with three types of chips. Not one or two, but three! Three types of chips. It’s really just a desperate attempt to use up some chips I have in the pantry.
There ya have it! Secret’s out!
I’m trying to downsize the pantry consumables. I have a bin A BIN of chips and nuts. You’ll see a lot of those being used up in the months to come. I have extracts coming out of my ears. Those will be on the radar, too, to use up.
What I really need to do is just empty it, sort is, donate some stuff, pitch some stuff, and then put it all back. However, that would probably be like a week long project. I kid you not. There’s a ton of stuff packed in that pantry. And I’ve lost a bag of cinnamon. A WHOLE BAG! No clue where it went.
Actually, I really should be cooking from the pantry and the freezer more. Speaking of which, I need to pull out some shirt steak for dinner. Be right back. That’s a recipe I’m going to share in a few days. I see you doing the math in your head. Skirt steak? And chocolate? Trust me on this one. It’ll be good.
You do know chocolate isn’t just for sweet recipes, right? There’s innumerable mole and chili recipes. Countless numbers of sauces, rubs for grilling, and barbecue sauces to grill with, too. There’s even dark chocolate pasta sauces and salsas with chocolate in it, too.
So, don’t just think chocolate is a sweet ingredient.
They almost have a brookie type texture and taste to them. The brown sugar gives them a crisp shell on the outside and the butter and shortening combination gives them a chewy center. And, well, the chips give them a surprise flavor.
Surprise! This bite has a white chocolate chip in it. Oh! YES! There’s a peanut butter chip in the next one. What’s the next bite going to have in it? A combination of the semi-sweet and the white chocolate. Oh my that’s delicious.
Confession: I’m a chewy on the outside crisp around the edges cookie person. What type of cookie person are you? I fell in love with using bread flour or unbleached all-purpose flour for the high protein and gluten content which makes for a chewier cookie when it bakes. Did you know that?
Also, did you know that the type of fat you use in the recipe can affect the chew and crisp factor, too? The water and milk content on the butter will allow it to spread and be a more thing and crispy cookie. I add the shortening to keep it from spreading too much and give it that extra chew factor.
I love the science of baking, don’t you? It’s so fascinating!
Also, these cookies have baking soda and baking powder which also helps the crispy edge and chewy center results. Want them more crispy? Substitute the baking powder with baking soda. More chewy? Use all baking powder.
If you don’t want to use shortening, but still don’t want them to be all thin and crispy, then refrigerate them for a couple of hours or freeze them for an hour. That solidifies the butter and keeps it from spreading too much as it cookies. Spread makes a cookie thin and crispy so preventing it from spreading makes a more… you guessed it! Thicker and chewier cookie.
I love this shot! You can see all the chips in there. You have to look a little hard to see the chocolate chip, but it’s in there. Then there’s the peanut butter chip on the right, white at the top and bottom. You can just see all the flavor and texture these cookies have to offer.
And you can see how big they really are, too. I used my standard 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop and they turned out a good 3 1/2 to 4 inches wide. Two cookies and you’re good for the night! Any more than that and your teeth might keep you from sleeping they’ll be hurting. At least that’s how I feel. But I’m not a huge sweet person. I like sweets, but not super sweet. You know what I mean?
Either way, I could eat a large portion of these cookies. They’re packed with flavor and have that perfect texture I like in a cookie that I love. The hubs loves them, too. Cakes and breads can go to work no problem. Cookies? Oh no. Them there’s fighting words and you best leave those cookies right where they are!
So, I do.
I hope you see what the other bloggers have cooked up for today. And don’t forget to enter the giveaway. There’s some great prize packages from the sponsors. I hope you win! If ya do, wanna share the prize? KIDDING! Or am I??
- Baked Chocolate Donuts with Forte Chocolates Orange Jazz Glaze by Canning and Cooking at Home
- Aztec Beef Chili by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef and Butternut Squash Chocolate Chili by Savory Moments
- Big Batch Brownies by This is How I Cook
- Butternut Pork Mole Soup with Forte Chocolate by Reviews, Chews, & How-Tos
- Caramel Chocolate Crinkle Cookies by Moore or Less Cooking
- Chicken Mole Stew by Frugal & Fit
- Chocolate Babka by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Chocolate Banana Chia Seed pudding by Our Sutton Place
- Chocolate Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Cookie Dough Peanut Butter by The Pajama Chef
- Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti by Blogghetti
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Easy Recipe by Intelligent Domestications
- Chocolate Protein Energy Bites by The Saucy Fig
- Chocolate Witch’s Brew Cupcakes by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cocoa Brownies by Life on Food
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Double Chocolate Buttermilk Quick Bread by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Double Chocolate Monster Crunch Popcorn by Hardly A Goddess
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Buns by LeMoine Family Kitchen
- Easy Chocolate Chip Mini Sticky Buns by The PinterTest Kitchen
- Fruit Topped Chocolate Sponge Cake by Simply Inspired Meals
- Halloween Cake Roll by Body Rebooted
- Healthy Chocolate Yogurt Hummus by 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Holy Mole Burritos by Tampa Cake Girl
- “Instant pot Vegan Chocolate Bean Chili by Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Keto Chocolate Fat Bombs by April Golightly
- Lemon Pepper White Chocolate Baba Ganoush by Fix Me a Little Lunch
- Low Carb Keto Chocolate Coconut Flour Bread by Our Good Life
- Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Confetti Fudge by Kellt Lynn’s Sweets & Treats
- Mole Sauce by Restless Chipotle
- Monster Mash Chocolate Baked Doughnuts by Cookaholic Wife
- Monster Mash Chocolate Bark by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- No Bake Chocolate Weetabix Energy Slice by Cook with Renu
- Orange Chocolate Mousse Cake by Frankly Entertaining
- Pecan Log Truffles by Take Two Tapas
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies by Faith, Hope, Luck & Love
- Rich Dark Chocolate Steak & Ale Pot Pie by Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen
- Rosemary White Chocolate Butternut Soup by Sumptuous Spoonfuls
- S’mores Bread Pudding by Join Us, Pull up a Chair
- Savory Chocolate Barbecue Chicken by Must Love Home
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Cake by Snacks and Sips
- Strawberry Balsamic Chocolate Sauce by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Swedish Sticky Chocolate Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Triple Chocolate Mexican Donuts by The Weekday Gourmet
- Triple Chocolate Truffles by The PinterTest Kitchen
- White Chocolate Biscuit Gravy by Palatable Pastime
- White Chocolate Cranberry Chai Scones by Sweet Coralice
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Pound Cake by Soulfully Made
- White Chocolate Mocha Braided Bread by The Baking Fairy