Waffle Biscuit Monte Cristo has only three ingredients and are easy for kids to make themselves. With simple ingredients and an easy technique, kids can make these for a snack or lunch any time they want.
Yes, I know I don’t have kids. But I was a kid at one point in time. Granted it was a long time ago, but I was still a kid. And sort of grew up being in the kitchen so there had to something I could resurrect from my memory to participate this week.
So, I really tried to go back to my childhood memories to find a recipe we used to make with the parents all the time. Unfortunately for me, I don’t remember a whole lot from my childhood. And what I do remember most people do not. It is very frustrating. But something I just sort of live with.
And growing up we were spoiled kids. We started helping out in the kitchen as soon as possible. We were slicing and dicing WAY before kids now. In teaching knife techniques and proper safety, we rarely cut ourselves and were always careful. Heck, I cut myself more as an adult than I ever did as a kid growing up.
- 8 count jumbo flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 6 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Carefully separate the biscuits by slowly pulling them apart. Pull one half of the biscuit a until it's a little larger than the other half. Set aside.
- Cut the cheese into quarters.
- Place 1 ounces of ham and 2 quarters of cheese on top of one half of a biscuit.
- Top with the other half of the biscuit.
- Pull the edge of the bottom biscuit over the top and press to seal.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray (or brush with butter).
- Place the Monte Cristos on the waffle iron and hold the iron closed at least 2 minutes. Cook an additional 2 to 3 or until the biscuits are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 149Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 38mgSodium 360mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 13g
Cooking with the Kids
- Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Glaze from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Brown Sugar Boba Cream Pie from Magical Ingredients
- Cheese Crackers from That Recipe
- Waffle Biscuit Monte Cristo from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures