This Watermelon Strawberry Martini has TONS of watermelon flavor with just a hint of strawberry to make it interesting.
Happy Monday!! It’s really not going to be a happy one for me, but I can day dream about having these delicious martinis when I get home. Because you know what today is??
It’s Nation Martini Day!! I know. I’m excited, too!! I can’t wait to share this one with you. It’s SOOOOOOOOOO good. Even the hubs said so.
Now, I have to admit that I didn’t have a martini or even knew what one was when I first met the hubs. I wasn’t a very “traveled” drinker. I could have 2 beers and be feeling pretty good. Of course, that’s still kind of true. I can have 3 now but nowhere near the number others can. I’m a lightweight.
I enjoy having a cocktail every now and then. Our cocktail of choice is usually scotch on the rocks. I know. That’s not a cocktail, but it’s what we call it. We also enjoy margaritas, old fashioneds, and a few others I can’t remember off the top of my head.
While I enjoy drinking cocktails, I struggle at trying to create them. I’m not sure how the flavors go together, what mixers to use. I just don’t know. Having not had a lot of different drinks means I have a bit of a handicap when it comes to mixing drinks.
But, I hope to overcome that with this delicious recipe right here! It’s a knock it out of the park type of drink and while it’s not my first hand at making a mixed drink, it’s probably the best one I’ve made that both of us have enjoyed.
And who wouldn’t enjoy that!? I mean, look at that gorgeous color! That’s full on watermelon flavor right there. I know there’s strawberry vodka in there, but it’s just a hint of flavor that truly enhances the watermelon flavor and not really stand out as strawberry on its own.
It’s perfectly refreshing and the best drink to have out on your patio, deck, or in your living room with the air conditioner running. It has summer all wrapped up in a delicious cocktail that’s not only simple to make, but one your guests will love!
Don’t you love those glasses? They’re not martini glasses. We don’t have those. We don’t drink martinis all that often and when we do, we just make them in highball glasses. It’s really funny about these though. I got one for a prop. And then the hubs comes up and plops the other one down on the counter. “If you’re getting one I want one, too! It’s my prop glass!” He cracks me up.
One could easily go through a whole large watermelon making these sucks. I’m just saying. Not that I know from experience or anything… But it’s definitely worth it! They’re so light and refreshing. They’re not overly sweet, and have that perfect watermelon flavor I was hoping for!
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 5 ounces strawberry vodka
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Place the watermelon in a blend and process until smooth.
- Place the ice in a cocktail shaker (might need to shake these in batches depending on the size of your cocktail shaker).
- Pour the watermelon juice and the vodka into the cocktail and shake at least 60 seconds. Strain into martini glasses and serve garnished with watermelon cubes.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 253Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 6mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 19gProtein 2g
Welcome to #NationalMartiniDay
Whether you enjoy your martini with vodka or gin, shaken or stirred, we’ve got some libations for your happy hour.
- Blueberry Lemon Vodka Martini from Family Around The Table
- Mermaid Martini from Amy’s Cooking Adventure
- Orange Creamsicle Martini from A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Pomegranate Grapefruit Vodka Martini from Books n’ Cooks
- The Jasmine Martini from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vesper Martini from Potable Pastime
- Watermelon Strawberry Martini from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- White Peach and Honeysuckle Martini from Palatable Pastime