How to Use Leftovers helps you find creative ways to use your holiday leftovers. From drinks to sides and even desserts, there’s a recipe to help repurpose your holiday leftovers.
We have a tradition in our house. One that happens after the holiday dinner. It involves the left-over turkey meat, the carcass, some vegetables, and sometimes rice. The recipe truly is written to include this most unusual last step.
You see, every Thanksgiving, there was turkey in abundance left over at our house. Dad would boil up the carcass, strip it of any additional meat, and add in any leftover meat (usually dark meat) that remained after the main feast and any turkey sandwiches for lunch the next day.
He would put all this delicious goodness in the large soup pot and simmer it away until it was the most amazing soup you could ever eat. Then, it would sit on the stove to cool so we could refrigerate it. And then it would promptly be forgotten and be tossed a few days later. Yes. That is exactly how the recipe is written because that’s how our family handled the left-over turkey.
This week, #SundaySupper is sharing over 20 recipes for how to use holiday leftovers. From egg rolls to stuffed shells to potato puffs, there’s a recipe for all your holiday left over needs!
- Country Skillet Breakfast by The Freshman Cook
- Mashed Potato Craisin Bread by Baking Sense
- Sweet Potato Casserole Wafflesby Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Thanksgiving Leftover Eggs Benedict by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- ‘Australian Pie’ – Leftover Turkey Pie with Raisins and Bechamel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brie Cranberry Turkey Quesadillas by Food Lust People Love
- Bubble Up Hot Brown Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cranberry Pork Tenderloin by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamed Spinach Turkey Pasta by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole by Cricket’s Confections
- Leftover Turkey Pasta with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Alfredo Stuffed Shells by Palatable Pastime
- Turkey Broccoli and Cheddar Pot Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Turkey Glass Noodle Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Turkey Grilled Cheese with Cranberry and Brie by Our Life Tastes Good
- Turkey Pot Pie Casserole by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa by Food Done Light
- Turkey Shepard’s Pie by Monica’s Table
- Baked Mashed Potato Pancakes by Pies and Plots
- Leftover Mashed Potato Puffs by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Arroz Caldo with Turkey by Asian In America
- Leftover Turkey Tortilla Soup by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemony Chicken-Lentil Soup with Couscous by What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.