This Chicken and Marsala Cream Sauce is creamy and delicious!! You will want some bread to sop of all that deliciousness when you’re diving into this dish.
I know. I sound like a broken record. I LOVE Marsala. Marsala chicken, Marsala Pork. Anything made with a Marsala sauce it’s just delicious in my book. I know I’ve made quite a few Marsala recipes in the history of this blog. I just can’t help it.
The Marsala flavor is just fabulous, rich and hearty to me. Especially when it’s paired with mushrooms and chicken. This isn’t a standard Marsala sauce. This Chicken and Marsala Cream Sauce is creamy and delicious!! You will want some bread to sop of all that deliciousness when you’re diving into this dish.
I’ve been playing more and more with our Lifetime cookware pans. I haven’t quite gotten into the pots, yet, but maybe next winter, after I’ve worked through the pans, I will make good use of the pots and the other electric burner. Theoretically, you can use it like a slow cooker. I just haven’t gotten to that yet. I’m still trying to integrate this new system into our regular meal planning.
I love that you don’t have to add much oil to the pan at all. The chicken does an excellent job browning in these pans without any added oil, which is really sweet! With S’s cholesterol issues, added oil is not something we typically like to put in the pan. If I can spritz it with a little cooking spray and have nicely browned and perfectly cooked chicken breast, then I’m going to use these pans.
And as far as cooking vegetables in the pans? They cook very well without even any additional water!! I’m not kidding! You put them in the saucepan on the stove. The pan only needs to come to temperature on medium heat and then simmer for the 5 to 7 minutes and voila! Perfectly cooked vegetables! It’s amazing. I didn’t believe it until I started using the small saucepan for vegetables. That’s how I got my feet wet. But seriously, this isn’t the Lifetime cookware post. I need to cook more with them before I tell y’all about these pots and pans.
The chicken is tender and juicy. The mushrooms are hearty and tasty. The cream sauce is silky and rich. I can’t wait to make this dish again! It’s just.that.good!!
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1 1/4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fat free half and half
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add garlic and mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms are browned and have released their juices.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and keep warm.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown on one side 4 minutes. Turn, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook on low 7 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with the Marsala and simmer until reduced by one third.
- Combine the chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl and add to pan.
- Stirring occasionally, bring to a boil and then simmer until thickened.
- Return the chicken and mushrooms to the pan and simmer until reheated.
- Add cream just before serving.
- Divide the pasta evenly among 4 plates. Top with 4 ounces of chicken and 1/2 cup of sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 520Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 195mgSodium 567mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 76g