This Cinnamon Honey Nut Snack Mix for SRC reveal is sweet, salty, crunchy, and delicious! It’s perfect for a mid morning bite, road, trip, or nibbles while watching a movie.
For those that don’t know, SRC (Secret Recipe Club) is a group of extremely food-thousiasts like myself. Once a month, we sign up to participate and once a month we’re assigned a fellow blogger in our group. Once we have found and created or re-created a recipe on the blog we are assigned, we create a post telling everyone about our assigned blogger, their blog, and the chosen recipe on our specified group reveal date. I’m not explaining it all that well. So, you’d better head on over to their website and read about it yourself. It’s a great way to get to know some others in the blogosphere and find some inspiration outside of Pinterest.
Like this one!
This month, I was assigned Natural Noshing. I gotta say, I was little intimidated with all the GF ingredients and other whole food products I haven’t used or cooked with, but that didn’t stop me from trying to find the perfect recipe for this month’s SRC.
I went through the recipe box and just ogled at all the delicious goodies that I was going to discover. There was the Frosty Vanilla Fig Smoothie (cause we bought a nutribullet thing), the Tropical Smoothie (see previous), Berry Pomegranate Smoothie (see what I mean?). There’s also the Quinoa Waffles, the Savory Pizza Donuts, and the Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken Stew. I mean, there’s a huge range of recipes, flavors, and cuisines to choose from.
Nora and I have one thing in common; when we were growing up, we loved cookbooks and recipes. I remember sitting on the sofa at my piano teachers, awaiting my turn, looking through all her cookbooks on the built in shelf in the dining room. She even had the Joy of Cooking! I think I read them all; or at least flipped through all the recipes. It truly sparked an interest. This, plus watching the PBS cooking shows with my father, was the start of it all.
So, with all these delicious recipes at my fingertips to try, why this Honey Roasted Snack Mix? You see, with the exception of roasted chickpeas, we don’t make snacks for ourselves. I don’t know why. We just…don’t. I can only guess that’s why I gravitate toward snack recipes for my SRC reveals.
And let me tell, you this one is delicious. Like, seriously, want to eat the pan delicious. I couldn’t stop snacking on it while I was cooking lunch, dinner, prep for dinner, cleaning, you name it, I was nibbling on this pan of sweet, delicious goodness.
Now, I know that Nora’s blog is all about whole, unprocessed foods, but with our cholesterol issues, I swapped out some nuts for some corn cereal. I kept the almonds, but made them slivered and not whole. I kept the cashews because, well, cashews. Duh! Instead of peanuts I added Chex cereal and increased the cereal and pretzels. Oh, and added some heart healthy cinnamon to the sugar toss at the end of cooking.
It’s not a lot of cinnamon. It’s a hint. A hint of enough to make this snack mix off the hook! It’s like, da bomb.com, the shiznit, the yen to my yang. You get it. No more cliché’s needed. It’s truly addictive and I’m warning you now before you nosh your way to eating the whole pan. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
See? See those shiny little crystals of sweetness? And those flecks of cinnamon right there? Oh yeah. That’s the stuff. And since it’s all tossed with some salt and sugar you get that delicious sweet and savory blend in one bite.
I hope you head over the Nora’s blog and find some inspiring recipes of your own to try.
This Cinnamon Honey Nut Snack Mix for SRC reveal is sweet, salty, crunchy, and delicious! It's perfect for a mid morning bite, road, trip, or nibbles while watching a movie.
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 2 cups corn Chex cereal
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Parkay butter spray
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Combine honey and butter in a medium size bowl.
- Add cashews, almonds, pretzels, and Chex to the bowl and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 350 for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir once and place back in the oven to bake another 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Spoon into a large mixing bowl and toss with the sea salt and cinnamon.
- Let cool completely and store in an air-tight container for up to two weeks (if it lasts that long!).
- Avocado Pesto Pasta Salad by Without Adornments
- Baked Blueberry French Toast by Burnt Apple
- Banana Pudding by Hapa-Tite
- BBQ Rub by Lynsey Lou’s
- Berry Yoghurt Popsicles by Enriching Your Kid
- Brown Butter Cacao Nib Skillet Cake by A Calculated Whisk
- Chicken Caesar Pasta, Roasted Brussel by Making Miracles
- Chocolate Chess Pie by Food, Baby, Life
- Chole Chaat by Lavender & Lovage
- Cinnamon Honey Nut Snack Mix by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Creamy Spiced Apple-Nog by 84th & 3rd
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole by I Am a Honey Bee
- Fiesta Queso Burritos by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- French Dip Sandwich au Jus made in the Slow Cooker by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Green Olive, Almond & Pomegranate Salad by Couscous & Consciousness
- Lemon & Goat Cheese Ravioli by Fried Rice and Donut Holes
- Peanut Butter Crepes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling by Natural Noshing
- Pineapple Jam and Oatmeal Waffles by Turnips 2 Tangerins
- Ranch Corn on the Cob by Palatable Pastime
- Raspberry Peach Smoothie by Life on Food
- Rgaïf- Msemen (Moroccan Flat Bread) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Rhubarb Blueberry Custard Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Saltine Cracker Heath Toffee by The Colbert Clan
- Spinach Artichoke Dip by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Yoghurt Cake by Bewitching Kitchen
- Three Cheese and Swiss Chard Pasta Bake Cake by The Spiffy Cookie
- Watermelon and Cucumber Rice Noodle Salad by Fearless Homemaker