Sharing some green for your plate! 36 Healthy Green Recipes to make your St. Patrick’s Day just a little more green this year.
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner! It’s like, 2 days away! I hope you have your corned beef ready to go. I know I do and I could eat it every day and never get tired.
Now, before you stuff yourself with corned beef and drink mass quantities of beer and spirits in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day I’ve got some great, HEALTHY, recipes to keep you on track.
Starting with Breakfasts! From green smoothies, omelet bites, frittata, and overnight oats; these breakfasts will start your day off right and keep your tummy from grumbling too early in the day.
- Southwest Breakfast Spinach Wrap by The Freshman Cook
Contrary to popular belief, Irish do not eat corned beef on St. Patrick’s Day. It’s totally an American thing. Not that I mind, mind you.
This year, give your plate a new green to wear this year than simple cabbage! How about a hearty grilled lettuce and steak salad or some pan roasted cod on spinach basil risotto. Both of these are probably more Irish than corned beef and cabbage.
Must Make Main Dishes
- Pan Roasted Cod on Spinach Basil Risotto with Lemon Butter Sauce by Positively Stacey
- Poached Cod with Pesto Wine Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Leek Skillet Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skinny Reuben Wraps with Homemade 1000 Island Dressing by For the Love of Food
We all know salads are green. But did you know they can be amazingly delicious, too? How about a hearty sesame wedge salad or green goddess bibb salad. There’s also some protein packed quinoa tabbouleh that’s oh so colorful.
- Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad by Pies and Plots
- Green Goddess Bibb Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes by Shockingly Delicious
- Shades of Green Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Not to knock on cabbage, but hasn’t cornered the market on green veggies. Serve up some miso roasted broccoli or some green goddess dip packed with herbs and creamy yogurt. How about kicking up your cabbage and grilling it! And don’t forget the zucchini tots!
- Colcannon by Wholistic Woman
- Green Goddess Dip by From the Bookshelf
- Pistachio Parmesan Oven Fries by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Books n’ Cooks
- Soy Glazed Sugar Snap Peas by Food Lust People Love
Of course, you can’t celebrate without dessert! These lime bars and mint matcha coconut candy have just the right hint of green to remove a pinch of…well…you know.
What will you do to make your St. Patrick’s Day a little healthier this year? Which one of these recipes will you put on your menu?