Creamy AND healthy, this Low Fat Fettuccine Alfredo has several tricks up it’s sleeve. It’s creamy, packed with Parm flavor, and good for you! Win win WIN!
I love alfredo. I am on the hunt for a tasty, low fat alfredo sauce. I’m still working on it. I forget it’s a sauce. I will continue to perfect this recipe. This one was really good! It is tasty, has a nice parm flavor, and the mushrooms are a perfect compliment. Yes I have a portobello recipe. This one is different slightly. LOL
I know that not all recipes will be tasty to all people, so I pretty much post almost all my recipes here for y’all to pick which ones you like best.
I.DO.NOT like family drama. Yes, it continues. I love my family. I will always love my family. BUT I am hating them at the same time. *sigh*
And people wonder why I don’t talk to them more.
So, chaos ensues with this government shut down. We are almost all exempt as we do not have appropriated funding. We are 100% reimbursable. However, we have a few personnel that are funded by appropriated dollars. Gotta love that Economy Act funding….NOT! Ours is usually multi-year and the salaries are taken off the top. Overhead. Love that word.
BUT we have a few peeps that will have to be on a plane 10/1 if the gubment doesn’t figure out how to fix this shiznit. Please, do not get me started on politics.
So, yeah. Its just been one of those days. I think instead of venting on shite again, I’ll just leave you with this tasty dinner. This is delicious …or at least I thought so.
Creamy AND healthy, this Low Fat Fettuccine Alfredo has several tricks up it's sleeve. It's creamy, packed with Parm flavor, and good for you! Win win WIN!
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese (Neufchatel cheese)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1 cup low fat Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups fettuccine
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and half and half. Process until smooth. Add garlic salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the cheese mixture. Add the milk and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and continue to simmer until combined and melted.
- Toss pasta with cheese sauce and serve.