I wanted something hearty. I wanted something easy. I wanted something I could use that package of chicken strips from Tyson. We had been purchasing packages for salad, but S has gotten tired of salads, so I’m doing soups or stews.
This is totally an un-sponsored post, but we have been eating quite a few of their chicken and steak products for salads lately and I thought I’d give them a shout out. We’ve had these (shows above), the Southwest chicken breast strips, the oven roasted chicken breast, and the chicken breast strips. We’ve also had the seasoned steak strips, too. They’re all really tender and tasty. They are a perfect additional to a Cobb salad, like we were making, or for a quick soup or stew. They definitely made our dinner quick and tasty. Not to mention they’re pretty inexpensive. That’s always a bonus!!
Okay. Enough shameless plugging.
I need to pack. I’m heading on a jet plane…. to Bosnia. Today. Yipee. You can look forward to exciting posts about food in the Balkan region. That part I’m excited about. 18 hours on a plane? Not so much. So, enjoy this recipe. I’ll be writing my heart out while I’m traveling, because, well, I don’t have much else to do. LOL
- 3 cups chicken breast, shredded
- 8 ounces canned green chiles
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes
- 8 ounces green chile enchilada sauce
- 14 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 ounces canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 ounces fat free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in the liner of a slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cook on low 5 to 6 hours.